Boudoir Photos - Anybody done them yet?

cntrymama2x
cntrymama2x Posts: 31
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
This is on my list of things to do when I reach my goal weight. A good friend of mine & co-worker had hers done this past weekend & it's got me on the edge of my seat to get them done. She is such an insipiration herself ... She was 299 lbs. & had tried every weight loss plan in the book with no success ... I think it was more motivation that she didn't have. In June of 2009 she went in for Gastric Bypass & has since lost 112 lbs. She says she feels like a new woman!

I started my journey in Septemeber of 2010 @ 229 lbs. I'm @ 209 lbs. now. I've gotten down as low as 204 but I started slacking on my diet & came back up to 209. I'm back on the wagon again & I'm motivated to get this weight off. My goal is 160. My mini-goal is 199.

When I hit my goal weight I am going to schedule my boudoir session! I want to do it out in a big open field & have some made on my man's Harley to give to him for his birthday in August.

Has anyone already had them done? Any suggestions & I'd love to see pictures.

Thanks!

Replies

• nutech99
    nutech99 Posts: 2
    I had them done recently by a friend who's a photographer. Really I did them b/c I turned 40 this year and one day it'll be nice to look back on them. My boyfriend loves them. Lol. It was so much fun. I'd suggest a wide variety of outfits, scenery, etc. Gives you lots to choose from when you're done.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I would want to get them done once I got to my goal weight but.
    A. I would be paranoid that my boyfriend would be like weireded out that I gave him pics of myself. I would feel weird lol
    And
    B. I would not be able to keep a straight face. lol id be giggly and uncomfortable
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    I am a photographer and do boudoir shoots. I have a friend who had lost a good bit of weight using MFP, so we did a shoot for her. She looked amazing! We printed her an album and gave it to her husband for Valentine's Day. She now keeps one of those photos in her wallet for motivation!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    PS I totally intend on doing a boudoir shoot when I hit my goal.
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    I haven't done them yet but I have been looking for photographers locally. I am planning that reaching my weight loss goal and my 30th birthday will coincide so I am doing it as a gift to myself. My friends think I am nuts and I am not getting them done to give to a boyfriend, I just want to be able to look at it for inspiration and encourage self esteem.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    I really want to.. I'm about 5 pounds from my goal weight. However, they're just too pricey for me.:ohwell: I mentioned wanting to have them done to my boyfriend and he suggested saving the money and he would take some of me.. but I know those wouldn't be near as flattering.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    I would want to get them done once I got to my goal weight but.
    A. I would be paranoid that my boyfriend would be like weireded out that I gave him pics of myself. I would feel weird lol
    And
    B. I would not be able to keep a straight face. lol id be giggly and uncomfortable

I think I can confidently speak for your boyfriend and say he would not be weirded out.
This discussion has been closed.