How do you know?

Options
How do you know when you are at the correct weight for your body? I have been at the same weight (141) for over a year now. I have a long torso and short legs so I am starting to get ab definition, but my legs are still too chubby to me (the inner thigh is the bane of my existence). I HATE how my legs look but my top half looks good. I lift weights 5 days a week to build muscle mass, but am on the pill so I know that impedes muscle building. I am a small on top and I wear between 6/8 size pants. I feel like I should be happy with this (everyone tells me I'm so tiny) but I can't get past my legs. I know I have at least 10 more pounds to lose but they don't want to come off. I am a perfectionist too which doesn't help at all.
Any tips for how to get them off and how to know when my body is "done"?

Replies

• jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    I have the exact same body type! I am 'trim' as others put it (the same people who roll their eyes when i say I want to lose 10-15 pounds) but I am a size 6-8 too and my weight (141) for my height (5'3'') puts me on the line between being overweight on the BMI scale...My thighs and legs look like tree trunks to me and although, like you, my upper torso is great, I hate my legs as well...and I know you cant 'target' fat....but wonder what can be done to increase the lean muscle mass of the legs so they look trimmer too?
    I used to be aroun 125 pounds, but that was 3 years ago, and I dont know how much age plays a part in your over all 'beign there' either....
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    At least we aren't alone :smile:
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Maybe try yoga to lengthen the leg muscles (stretch out the stocky, compact ones that aerobics and weight lifting create)
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not able to help either of you with the 'knowing when you're body is done' but maybe try some cardio for the legs... Squats, lunges, etc. Running & Bicycling are great for the legs too.

Good luck to both of you!!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought the rebock easy tone shoes and they worked for me. Not sure if that will help you but they toned my legs down, espcially my calves. I can now wear tall boots.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The legs is where I've lost at least half my weight. The tummy and buns are slower for me. I do mostly a stationary bike. Until recently I had saddle bags. When I was younger I was a dancer and had nice legs, well actually I had a great body back then, but didn't appreciate it. I want my pants to fit better, if my tummy would go down, I know my legs would fit into a size that's probably 4 sizes smaller. Try biking... it's great exercise for trimming the legs.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" as well. I weight a little more 144.8 as of Monday but close. However, I'd say my size is closer to a 9/10. I was closer to you guys before kids...it can get worse. :smile:

Anyway, I would say to keep up what you are doing. Maybe you could switch up workouts or focus more on leg exercises. I don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt.

While the 'size' and other's perceptions of you might be good, there will always be areas where we would like to improve. Don't let others comments deter you. I guess if you have goals and something you'd like to make better, you'll keep trying and being healthy. You might have to alter your 'ideal self' at some point and be ok with your legs as-is, but that doesn't mean you still can't try.

Make sense?