did I really lose an inch?

Options
Is it normal to lose an inch from your waist but not anything from your hips? I measured myself today and it seems to be the case but I am wondering if I maybe measured inaccurately the first time.

Replies

• steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Ahh, yes. In the past 6 weeks, my waist has gone down almost 9 inches, but hips aren't going anywhere! I think i've lost only 1 inch in the hip so far.

It's funny you just posted this thread because I was searching the forums for tips on how to lose that hip.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks, that makes me feel better!

And yeah, those hips are tricky! I am just happy to see any progress because I basically just started this month and I'd lost some weight at first but this morning my weigh in showed no change....but the inch is gone! So I am perfectly happy to take that instead :D
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm also constantly trying to look for progress so I can be motivated. For the first time in 6 weeks, I showed no change in the scale at weight in. However, I've been taking picutres of myself every week in my undies and I could see some changes from last week already so I'll take that! While my hip measurements didn't change, I have those "hip shelves" if you know what I mean that looks like it's getting into an angle towards the floor rather than a hortizonal shelf.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely possible. Your body decides where it will start losing inches since we all know you can't target specific areas to burn fat, but over time, you will be losing inches in different areas, so keep it up and everything else will follow.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely possible. Your body decides where it will start losing inches since we all know you can't target specific areas to burn fat, but over time, you will be losing inches in different areas, so keep it up and everything else will follow.

^ ^
    What he said.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great! Any progress is good progress :D

Steff, I know what you mean! my love handles are standing at attention now instead of being flopped over....progress hooray!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options

exactly. silly genetics.

right now when i belt at my natural waist it looks like i'm wearing a corsette or something because my waist is currently 30 and my hips are 39. that's quite the exaggerated hourglass, but i knw the hips are bound to catch up sooner or later.

its good that you measure though cause i can almost always count on that to make me feel better and smaller when i have stopped losing or gained muscle mass.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Great! Any progress is good progress :D

Steff, I know what you mean! my love handles are standing at attention now instead of being flopped over....progress hooray!

HAHA! LOVE IT.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I've lost a whole bunch in my waist, but my hips are being stubborn. I might lose a 1/6-1/4 of an inch in my hips for every inch I lose in my waist. I think it comes with being a lady. The stomach isn't for long-term fat storage, but the hips are (sexual attraction, carrying babies, what have you).
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I find my lumps come off all over the place :laugh:

No rhyme or reason, and if I like the lump, it goes first :angry: :laugh:
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    exactly. silly genetics.

right now when i belt at my natural waist it looks like i'm wearing a corsette or something because my waist is currently 30 and my hips are 39. that's quite the exaggerated hourglass, but i knw the hips are bound to catch up sooner or later.

its good that you measure though cause i can almost always count on that to make me feel better and smaller when i have stopped losing or gained muscle mass.

I have the same issue! My hips are 41" and my waist is about 30.5". So annoying!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Oh hourglass ladies I envy you - my waist is 33" and hips are only 38" On size charts my waist is still 14 or over but hips are 8 or 10. I am wearing a 10. In my first month I lost 2" off hips and only 1" from waist but now the waist is shrinking and hips are holding pretty steady. I can't wait to blast the rest of this belly fat.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I always lose from my stomach first and legs last. Don't know why. Just go with it!

"love handles standing at attention" ... ha ha ha ha you crack me up.