Just a rough day

Options
I'm just really down. Ever just have a day where you're like, "Damn it, I've busted my *kitten*, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere." According to this site, mathematically I should be losing weight (I don't own a scale, so I don't know how much I've lost since I initially started). I just don't feel it today. It's not coming fast enough. I'm very impatient at the moment. I try to bring myself back down to earth. I was a skinny kid. It took 13 years to cause this damage, and it's probably going to take twice as long to reverse. I just want to feel the progress. I want to know that it's worth something.

Replies

• nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Its hard on days that you feel like that, I know I have a had a few of those myself. If you don't own a scale, are you at least taking measurements of yourself? That way you can see a difference. Also, it just takes constant reminding of yourself that the weight did not come on overnight, and it will not come off overnight.
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Hopefully you are changing your lifestyle (eating healthier and exercising) and not doing some silly crash diet. The weight WILL come off. Also depending on your exercise, you could be building muscle. Did you take beginning measurements? Are you clothes fitting differently?

Don't give up!
  • msvnaz
    msvnaz Posts: 1
    Options
    I get like that sometimes...on those days I just force myself to workout. I feel productive and the endorphins help. At the very least I'll wear myself out and go to sleep :-) Hang in there!!
  • Bride2B090812
    Options
    I know how you feel. There are times I have those days too. But I keep telling myself that it took me time to gain the weight and it's only logical that it will take time to lose. I think about the 3-4 lbs a month I was steadily gaining over the last year and a half that I let myself go and I realize that even if the scale is not going down sometimes, it is not going UP =)

Hang in there....you will have success and you will look back on your struggles and think "It was worth it".

2300357.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xarri
    xarri Posts: 5
    Options
    It takes time. Dont give up. You are worth the time. It will happen.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    We have all been there. I just posted on one of my support boards the exact same feelings. I am almost on day 60 of Power90. The first 30 days I lost 10lbs, felt awesome. These second 30 days, I have maybe lost 3lbs. It is frustrating when you are doing all the right things, eating the right things and giving up the sweet tasting sugary things to make an improvement.

While the scale may not change, keep in mind we are keeping healthy by eating better and exercising and at some point there will be changes! Hang in there!! :flowerforyou:
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    we all have days like that even those of us with a weighing scales (which are probably worse as the temptation to hop on and off is hard to resist).

could you go for a walk, ring a friend? Have you tried on any of your clothes recently? Its amazing how you might not lose weight but you will lose inches.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. I had one of those days yesterday.
  • klenk97
    klenk97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are mentally exhausted. Keep taking your protein. It helps improve brain function. Try meditating to get yourself recentered. Just a rough day. Tomorrow is right around the corner. Curve em up!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Dont go beating yourself up.Generally the last person to notice will be the person who is losing the weight,mainly beacause you have just got used to the way you look and because we are all our fiercest critics.Im pretty sure that out of the blue one of these days that someone will say something like"you look great have you lost weight",then there will be no stopping you.Just dig in and keep going.
    Good Luck..:smile:
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured and I don't know if the clothes feel differently or not. I really want to lose enough weight that I can exercise like a normal person again. My SW 2 weeks ago (I weighed at a friends house) was 420. It takes a lot out of me to do the simplest of exercises. The mind is willing, but right now the body isn't as able to do all that I'd like to do. It's weird. When I was physically able to do more I never had interest. Now I wish for the days to come where I could perhaps whitewater raft, run a race, dance all ghetto in some club, fit on all of the rides at an amusement park.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am with you. It is tough some days. I try to see this as me changing my lifestyle not "dieting" I am changing the way I look at things and this all takes time. Try to find a NSV (non scale victory) today do something you would not normally do, take the stairs, park farther from the store to get a few extra steps, buy a pedometer to record daily steps taken to see some other way you are changing with out the need of a scale.
    And if you have been depriving yourself of some favorite food thing find a way to fit it in your calories today as a reward but staying within the calories.
  • paul87920
    Options
    I am with you. It is tough some days. I try to see this as me changing my lifestyle not "dieting" I am changing the way I look at things and this all takes time. Try to find a NSV (non scale victory) today do something you would not normally do, take the stairs, park farther from the store to get a few extra steps, buy a pedometer to record daily steps taken to see some other way you are changing with out the need of a scale.
    And if you have been depriving yourself of some favorite food thing find a way to fit it in your calories today as a reward but staying within the calories.

I really can't consider it dieting either. For me it's the realization that not very many men my size live well into their 30's, and I'm 23.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    First, it seem like a 2-B Complex Day!

Also, losing weight and Changing One's Lifestyle is a PROCESS...mainly of Trial and Error!
    In The Art Of War, it is said that to Change a Habit Takes A YEAR (4 Cycles or Seasons.) I've found that to be MORE than True. For Me, Changing a Lifestyle around eating food takes a Lifetime. Be kind to Yourself,but not too kind; get yourself right back up..ASAP. Learn your BODY, and GROW from Your past Mistakes - then leave them behind, tweek your Plan as you learn and grow. And Oh Yea, "don't believe the HYPE." meaning everything this site or a wt loss guru says about wt loss...there are more Exceptions to the wt. loss rules than success following the "Rules." If "we" really knew that much about wt loss and nutrients we would NOT be in this condition in this Country. Use guidelines as a Base, then tweek according to Your needs as you learn about YOU.
  • paul87920
    Options
    First, it seem like a 2-B Complex Day!

Confused?