Punched new holes in belt!

Options
rolandgig
rolandgig Posts: 8 Member
:happy:

I lost 17 pounds thus far and find I am on the last hole in my belt, the belt I have worn for the last ten years. It is starting to get loose, so I punched a series of new holes, one inch apart, in anticipation of obtaining my goal width. Shedding another 83 pounds will get me there.

I have never tried to lose weight before. I was around my goal weight when I got married 25 years ago, and have gradually gained about five or so pounds a year over that time. I finally decided it was time to lose it before I develop serious health problems. Besides, I was starting to notice how large I was getting and feeling more uncomfortable (socially) in some situations.

I was told to count calories because "calories in" minus "calories out" equals weight change. I used my iPod Touch to find a free app for that and found myfitnesspal. It is a great tool and I use this app religiously. It is working for me and has made me aware of just how many calories I used to consume.

In planning an across-the-country road trip for our second honeymoon (only our second vacation with no kids since kids), I will need new smaller-sized clothes, but not too many as they will eventually be large on me.

I am just excited at my progress and that counting calories works. I have lots of support from my family and friends. And I look forward to loosing more inches. Thank you for reading this and feel free to comment.

Replies

• ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go on the NSV!!!
  • scoboli
    scoboli Posts: 18
    Options
    Its nice to be able to put extra holes in your belt. I have done that and eventually had to get a new belt. Its a great feeling.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is outstanding to hear that you have stepped up and are doing something about your weight. Your family must be very proud of you taking the bull by the horns!!

Congrats on your weight loss & your new (belt) holes!! Enjoy that trip:)
  • rolandgig
    rolandgig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you jojowink for your encouragement. And yes, I believe my family is proud of me. More importantly, I am proud of me. I feel good and have more energy now than I did eating more calories. I can't figure out how that works. I guess I am highly motivated now which may have a lot to do with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!