Any Phoenix, Arizonans want to begin a walking club?

Options
I used to facilitate a walking club, and it was wonderful. We met all sorts of different places, and had enough participants that we could tailor smaller groups to anyone's speed or ability level. It was wonderful. Dogs and children were welcome and encouraged.

But it's tough in AZ with the heat and everyone's schedules. Eventually, people stopped showing up due to other commitments... and about the 2nd week that I went and no one showed up, I lost interest.

Are there any MFPaler's out there that would be interested in forming a walking group with me? We could move out start points all over, but I'd like to try to centralize in Phoenix and North Phoenix. Based on the interest of the group, we could meet once or twice a week, or even on weekends.

Any interest??
D.

Replies

• redxmasqueen
    Options
    I would be interested. I would probably not do weekends as I am REALLY enjoying my Lookout Mountain hikes saturday and sunday mornings. I think we live close enough to each that one or two nights a week would work well.

Keep me posted,
    Sue
  • KaisMom2010
    Options
    I am in West phoenix near the cardinals stadium..i would be interested but i think you are probably pretty far from me? not sure as im new to the phx area!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I would love to if my schedule wasn't so sporadic. I already walk 3 days a week with a walking buddy. @kaismom2010, i'm in West Phoenix too!