Crazy Things at the Gym!

Options
How many of you have seen some crazy things at the gym?? Here are my top 3:

1) A young guy doing push ups while in a handstand position, then falling over the sitting row machine he didn't see in his way.

2) I was on the eliptical for about 10 mins when an older gentleman hopped on the one beside me. 5 minutes later, his trainer (a cute girl in a tight tank top) came up and said hi. The first thing he said - 'Oh I can't believe I have been on here for 25 minutes right now, I'm not even tired!" Well, no kidding, you were on there for 5 MINUTES!

3) Another guy lifting weights snorting like a pig every time he did a bicep curl with some sort of ridiculous barbell. To all the guys out there who lift really heavy weights - I understand it's difficult, but making pig noises and only doing 3 curls does not classify as a full workout :)

Anyone else have some good stories? :P

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    guys are super weird.
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The girl I see in the locker room putting on her full makeup BEFORE coming to Zumba, and most of the time showing up late because she was applying said makeup.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I worked at the gym in college. My favorite thing was watching people fall off of treadmills! (there was little to do for entertainment in this gym, lol). I've never see anyone have anything injured other than their pride or I'd feel bad, but it's like the funniest thing ever!
  • mksgirl83
    mksgirl83 Posts: 41
    Options
    This one is funny, there is this guy who comes in big guy/muscular looks like he could kick anyones butt. he always has his ear buds in and sings... I mean loud one side of the gym to the other you can hear him and he sounds like a 12 year old girl.

There is another guy who looks all rough and tough, huge guy.. hes always bobbin his head you think oh hes listening to some hard core stuff, oh no its like white chicks he listens to like christina, britney- well at least the times I could hear the music

the one thing I hate is the way guys always grunt when lifting-it always sounds um dirty... :laugh:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The girl I see in the locker room putting on her full makeup BEFORE coming to Zumba, and most of the time showing up late because she was applying said makeup.

LOL I'm the girl taking OFF my make up before Zumba or anything I do because I sweat like a pig and it's absolutely disgusting!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Me too! lol I dont get how girls can do that
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    There's a lady that comes to my gym occasionally and "runs" on the treadmill. Well, she actually dances like a fairy...high stepping, skipping, swinging arms about wildly and twisting her torso into contortions. She squeals randomly as she listens to her ipod. No clue what its all about but it's always fascinating watching her.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Watching people at the gym is better than watching people at an airport. It is entertaining. Hope nobody is watching me.... : )
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yesterday in spin class, girl next to me talking on her phone 5 minutes before the class starts, said to whoever's on the other line, 'yeah girl, I'm in a spin class. I know it's hardcore but I'm totally up for it. No I know, right, I'm gonna be like sweating and stuff, I know! I'm gonna look so good and stuff!'

Fair enough, props to her for getting into spin cuz it is a damn hard class...but then...for 60 minutes...she was next to me...not sweating..not riding like we were all riding..she was basically lightly pedalling the entire time as if she was just strolling down Central Park!...I've NEVER seen anyone not sweat in spin...her face wasn't even a little bit glistened and she wasn't even out of breath! She's gonna have to work a little bit harder if she wants to look like what she's saying to her friend on the phone....
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    guys are super weird.
    lol this made me laugh.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    the one thing I hate is the way guys always grunt when lifting-it always sounds um dirty... :laugh:
    You'd be surprised the power of the grunt.. its a hugh help.. no matter how it sounds!
  • carolinebarth
    Options
    Ever since I switched from a private gym to the YMCA, my life has gotten so much more interesting...I see so many people wearing jeans and nice shirts. It cracks me up. One time I saw a girl come to the gym, hop on the treadmill, sprint for 30 seconds without a warmup or cool down, and then leave. xD
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    [qI see ladies all the time worried about breaking a sweat! Or messing up there hair! I think if you came here to lose weight, why are you worried about a little sweat! They will get off the tread mill 5 min. after they start if they start to sweat!
    uote]
    How many of you have seen some crazy things at the gym?? Here are my top 3:

1) A young guy doing push ups while in a handstand position, then falling over the sitting row machine he didn't see in his way.

2) I was on the eliptical for about 10 mins when an older gentleman hopped on the one beside me. 5 minutes later, his trainer (a cute girl in a tight tank top) came up and said hi. The first thing he said - 'Oh I can't believe I have been on here for 25 minutes right now, I'm not even tired!" Well, no kidding, you were on there for 5 MINUTES!

3) Another guy lifting weights snorting like a pig every time he did a bicep curl with some sort of ridiculous barbell. To all the guys out there who lift really heavy weights - I understand it's difficult, but making pig noises and only doing 3 curls does not classify as a full workout :)

Anyone else have some good stories? :P
    [/quote]
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many ppl watch me while I am there lol. O well if they want to watch who cares.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I worked at the gym in college. My favorite thing was watching people fall off of treadmills! (there was little to do for entertainment in this gym, lol). I've never see anyone have anything injured other than their pride or I'd feel bad, but it's like the funniest thing ever!
    haha this is why i wont run on a treadmill!! lol i know i will be one of those people who fall!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    There are some funny stories here. I go to a University gym, so it's about 75% 18-21 year olds. They spend more time being social than working out. Besides sitting on the machines while talking to each other and not working out, I see people texting and talking on the phone all the time. I saw this one girl who would do one leg press and then stop and text for a few minutes and then do another leg press. She was on the machine for about 10 or 15 minutes and I think she did about 8 leg presses. I see this kind of stuff all the time. What's the friggin point of going to the gym if you are going to be on your phone the entire time? Leave those darn things in the locker room or don't waste your time coming to the gym to begin with.

And before this gym I went to a gym that was in one of Chicago's gay neighborhoods. I used to see guys nearly break their necks while checking out other guys while running on the treadmills. It was a meat market!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i used to go to the gym at night...from around 8:30 to 10pm. there were 2 guys that used to arrive together around the same time(i'd put them around 35yrs old), hang out at the machines...they'd do like 10 reps each of one exercise then stand there and talk for 5 minutes...then on to the next machine..this lasted for about 20-30 minutes. then at 10pm i'd leave and see them still in the parking lot smoking their brains out...so i came to the conclusion that #1--they just used the gym as an excuse to get away from their wives and kids (yes, wedding bands confirmed they were married) or #2--they were having an affair with each other and met up at the gym...

and crazy pet peeve....using any machines or weights after a smoker has touched them...ew yuck.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yesterday in spin class, girl next to me talking on her phone 5 minutes before the class starts, said to whoever's on the other line, 'yeah girl, I'm in a spin class. I know it's hardcore but I'm totally up for it. No I know, right, I'm gonna be like sweating and stuff, I know! I'm gonna look so good and stuff!'

Fair enough, props to her for getting into spin cuz it is a damn hard class...but then...for 60 minutes...she was next to me...not sweating..not riding like we were all riding..she was basically lightly pedalling the entire time as if she was just strolling down Central Park!...I've NEVER seen anyone not sweat in spin...her face wasn't even a little bit glistened and she wasn't even out of breath! She's gonna have to work a little bit harder if she wants to look like what she's saying to her friend on the phone....

This reminded me of that - I think, Lund - boat commercial, where the girl is on the phone and talks about working out for three minutes and "oh, my, word, I almost broke into a sweat!" :laugh:
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options

This reminded me of that - I think, Lund - boat commercial, where the girl is on the phone and talks about working out for three minutes and "oh, my, word, I almost broke into a sweat!" :laugh:

The Lund commercial...is that the one when the guy hits the eject button and she goes flying off--cuz that is hilarious!!!
  • jersanter
    jersanter Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Guys that shave naked in the locker room or the ones that feel the need to have a conversation with me as they stand there butt *kitten* naked. PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!!!