Total Calories over two days.

Options
Just a general question. My daily calorie goal is 1350.

I had a bad day yesterday around 2000. If I have only 700 today, does that "makeup" for yesterday? Or is the damage already done?

Replies

• uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    today is a new day so start fresh and eat your 1300 calories. Everyone is going to have a bad day every once is a while. As long as you are not constantly having bad days it is not going to halt your progress.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    You should probably just move on and write it off as a 'bad day'. That said, I track my deficit averages and do tend to make up for higher calorie days with lower calorie days...just never under 1100-1200 a day for more than 1-2 days..

As a male, I'd think you should be eating more than 1350 per day. That's pretty low, even for a female!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just a general question. My daily calorie goal is 1350.

I had a bad day yesterday around 2000. If I have only 700 today, does that "makeup" for yesterday? Or is the damage already done?
    For a guy, I seriously doubt you'll gain weight from 2000 calories. You should be eating that anyways. If you are trying to lose weight, aim for 1700-2000 calories with exercise. AND eat your exercise calories.

I eat about 1800 calories now (without exercise) and still think it's not enough.