Should I stop Turbo Fire and start P90X?

Options
seckler
seckler Posts: 169 Member
I am on week 8 of Turbo Fire and while I have lost around a pound a week and love the workout, I'm not so sure that I should finish. I am noticing that I am no longer losing inches just the scale is going down. My plans were to complete the 12 weeks of Turbo Fire and then start P90X, but I am wondering if I should go ahead and make the switch? I am afraid that maybe I am burning muscle now and definately do not want that!

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Entirely up to you. I have loved both programs!!! One the one hand, you only have 4 weeks left... so why not finish it out. BUT... if you're getting bored and/or WANT to switch it up, then go ahead and switch. :)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Would you be interested in doing them both as a hybrid? There is a rotation schedule for it.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with P90x. Where as I have really toned and lost inches, the scale hasn't moved. I say finish it up and then move on to P90x. You want to be as light as possible before getting started if your interested in weight loss
  • seckler
    Options
    I'm almost done with P90x. Where as I have really toned and lost inches, the scale hasn't moved. I say finish it up and then move on to P90x. You want to be as light as possible before getting started if your interested in weight loss

Well I guess maybe I should also add that I am 5'2'' and 123 pounds and I do have some fat to lose, but is it good to lose weight on the scale but not see it in the measurements?
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "I just joined the Beachbody team as an Independent Beachbody Coach in November because I believe in their products (and have seen results!) I'd love to help out with motivation/encouragement with your fitness goals! "

- Boy, I'd love to talk to you! I have P90X and love it. Also have Turbo Jam. There are a couple of other beachbody workouts I'd like to get, but having a hard time deciding what would be best. I am running now, too -so that cuts 3 days a week out of any other workout plan I try to follow...
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree it's up to you,but why quit when you are so close ?! A hybrid is a great idea too ! I found P90X to be a little boring for me, even though I had started seeing great results, I just became bored. Good Luck ! :)
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am on week 8 of Turbo Fire and while I have lost around a pound a week and love the workout, I'm not so sure that I should finish. I am noticing that I am no longer losing inches just the scale is going down. My plans were to complete the 12 weeks of Turbo Fire and then start P90X, but I am wondering if I should go ahead and make the switch? I am afraid that maybe I am burning muscle now and definately do not want that!

Ya know, I was doing the same thing (mind you I have already done P90X twice) but I think TurboFire was just too much cardio and I was losing muscle mass. I say move on to P90X!
  • princesslmc2
    Options
    I agree it's up to you,but why quit when you are so close ?! A hybrid is a great idea too ! I found P90X to be a little boring for me, even though I had started seeing great results, I just became bored. Good Luck ! :)

Several folks have mentioned a hybrid - and that's a GREAT idea!!! I'm currently on the TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme Hybrid.

I will also say.... I did the ChaLEAN Extreme program last fall and got the most amazing results out of everything I've tried thus far... Worth looking into! :-)
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    [/quote]

Ya know, I was doing the same thing (mind you I have already done P90X twice) but I think TurboFire was just too much cardio and I was losing muscle mass. I say move on to P90X!
    [/quote]

Hmmmm...so I have been thinking about starting P90X or TurboFire but I wasnt sure what one would be best for me. So If I am 5'2 and around 115 would you suggest P90X as Im not looking for a lot weight loss just toning with a little added cardio?
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options

• ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Hmmmm...so I have been thinking about starting P90X or TurboFire but I wasnt sure what one would be best for me. So If I am 5'2 and around 115 would you suggest P90X as Im not looking for a lot weight loss just toning with a little added cardio?
    [/quote]

Yes, P90X for sure!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Would you be interested in doing them both as a hybrid? There is a rotation schedule for it.
    Does anyone have this to share? I'm doing TurboFire right now, but was wanting to do some sort of P90X hybrid once I finish.
  • princesslmc2
    Options
    Does anyone have this to share? I'm doing TurboFire right now, but was wanting to do some sort of P90X hybrid once I finish.

I should be able to access this at home tonight if you can help remind me. :)
  • seckler
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think that I have decided to start P90X once I get my hands on it. (I am borrowing from my brother in law) I think that I am ready for the muscle!