No Will Power

Options
I have no will power especially for loosing the weight that i need too. How can i make my self stick to this and not just want to give up so easy?

Replies

• rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have no will power especially for loosing the weight that i need too. How can i make my self stick to this and not just want to give up so easy?
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Maybe an accountability partner would help. Is there someone yo could print your daily charts for to show them how you are doing? You need someone who will encourage, support and be honest...oh yeah, and you have to be honest, too!:laugh: I'm partners with a couple of people here at MFP, you could join us if you want!:wink: Good luck!
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    I went through that at the beginning of summer. I just wasn't interested in working out or cutting calories at all. Then, I decided to just enjoy summer and not worry about burning a certain amount of calories a day. I skipped the gym and went to the tennis courts, hiking trails, or to the horse riding stable. I also ate tons of fresh fruit and shockingly enough I stayed in my calorie limits. I have to say that it was refreshing to have fun while burning calories. Maybe you just need a break from seeing your diet as work and start enjoying exercising and eating right. After all, if we never make it an enjoyable part of our life, we'll just go back to our old ways. Good luck and I hope this helped!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I went through that at the beginning of summer. I just wasn't interested in working out or cutting calories at all. Then, I decided to just enjoy summer and not worry about burning a certain amount of calories a day. I skipped the gym and went to the tennis courts, hiking trails, or to the horse riding stable. I also ate tons of fresh fruit and shockingly enough I stayed in my calorie limits. I have to say that it was refreshing to have fun while burning calories. Maybe you just need a break from seeing your diet as work and start enjoying exercising and eating right. After all, if we never make it an enjoyable part of our life, we'll just go back to our old ways. Good luck and I hope this helped!

If you are not having fun exercising, you're not likely to do it. Good suggestion! Good luck to you both!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I SO wish I could give you some of my willpower! For some reason, God has granted me a very strong, almost IRON will while doing this! I pray every day for continued willpower!

I just do it...but I have managed to get to a point where I view food differently than I used to. I see it as fuel for my body and something to contribute to my overall health. When you start seeing it like that..then it is VERY easy to eat less and eat foods that are good for you. Right now I am eating my toasted thomas light whole grain english muffin with 1 tbsp light peanut butter and sliced banana. Why do I eat this? Because it is a great combo of fiber, protein and potassium, which will fuel me for a few hours and keep me feeling satisfied. As an added bonus, it tastes great too! hehe

Just try and think of where you hope to be a month from now...and keep that in your head to motivate you!

Good luck!
    Tam
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    I am in the same boat. As hard as I try to stay on task, my boat keeps getting holes in it and I am sinking fast. I wish you luck:wink:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I find once you get in the HABBIT of eating healthy ... it gets easier with time.... it also helps if you make sure there are no temptations in your house (chips pop and that sort) I also give myself permission to eat out once a week and its usually a salad of some sort... but i think the fact i allow myself makes a big difference!!!

you can do this
    jackie
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I SO wish I could give you some of my willpower! For some reason, God has granted me a very strong, almost IRON will while doing this! I pray every day for continued willpower!

I just do it...but I have managed to get to a point where I view food differently than I used to. I see it as fuel for my body and something to contribute to my overall health. When you start seeing it like that..then it is VERY easy to eat less and eat foods that are good for you. Right now I am eating my toasted thomas light whole grain english muffin with 1 tbsp light peanut butter and sliced banana. Why do I eat this? Because it is a great combo of fiber, protein and potassium, which will fuel me for a few hours and keep me feeling satisfied. As an added bonus, it tastes great too! hehe

Just try and think of where you hope to be a month from now...and keep that in your head to motivate you!

Good luck!
    Tam

You are an inspiration to all of us!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Good luck!
    Tam

You are an inspiration to all of us!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much!! :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've been here since May and it's actually taken me....3 months to even stay close to the wagon. It's a lifestyle change and those are hard....it'd be like going from blind to sight....well maybe not that drastic but you know what I mean....there are gonna be tough times. It's realizing all the positives of the choice that will get you through.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I never thought I had much will power, I used to eat whatever & whenever I wanted. I didn't realize how much will power I really have until I seriously started on my new lifestyle. Now those things that used to tempt me, like chips, cookies, etc, I don't crave like I thought I would. I have found other things like apples, veggies, ets, that help curb my appetite.

Good Luck. :flowerforyou: