Vacation time! Help!

Options
HELLO ALL!

I'm leaving for a vacation/ work trip on Tuesday and I would really love some advice on how to stay on track. I have currently lost 7lbs and I'm so happy to be currently wearing a pair of jeans I have not worn in 2 years! My goal while I'm gone in Orlando is to stay within my calories and get my workouts in.

HELP!! :happy:

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting the theme parks in Orlando, you're bound to get in LOTS of walking. I think screaming on the rides is also a good metabolism boost. :)

I'm hitting Disneyland in May and my plan is just to record what I eat so I know I'm staying on track. We know the right things to be eating and the wrong things... That's not to say you can't have some junk food, you are on vacation after all, just be reasonable about what you're eating and you'll be fine.
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    Have a great vacation and just do your best to make healthy food choices. You will get plenty of exercising I'm sure and don't be afraid to have a few splurges. You deserve it. You lost seven pounds! Celebrate and then when you get home, get back into your routine again. Have fun. =)
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good goals to have - big thing is make sure to enjoy your vacation.
    Pay attention to how much you are consuming, but do not let it rule you, and if you cannot get a 'normal' workout in, go for a long walk, or an urban hike, or a bike ride..or if you are near the beach, go play in the sand and waves!

Taking a bit of a break from 'the usual' can keep you from going totally bonkers, or if you like/need the structure, try to allot some time in the morning or evening for your fitness!

You can do it!!!!

(And like sfoust66 said, if you are walking all day that is quite a bit of energy burning right there!)