protein shakes when not working out

nat102
nat102 Posts: 118 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I had planned to workout this morning and ultimately ending up skipping the workout and still drank my whey protein, spinach & berries shake. I love the amino acids right after a workout but is it BAD to drink without a workout?

Thanks!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Nope, not at all. No worse than eating, say, a chicken breast and not working out. Just keep an eye on your overall calories today.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    I drink mine before after as breakfest or snacks working out or not.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    waste of a drink - and waste of the calories in them. I wouldnt make it a habit, cause its doing nothing for u.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    A shake is a shake regardless of the time of day. If you're consistently workout out, your muscles are in a constant state of repair anyway, so it can only help.
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    No because you need your protein throughout the day and even on your rest days because your muscles are still recovering and need the protein to repair.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    waste of a drink - and waste of the calories in them. I wouldnt make it a habit, cause its doing nothing for u.

:huh:
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Nope, not at all. No worse than eating, say, a chicken breast and not working out. Just keep an eye on your overall calories today.

thanks! you're right. didn't think of it like that.. just some extra protein.
This discussion has been closed.