protein shakes when not working out

Options
nat102
nat102 Posts: 118 Member
I had planned to workout this morning and ultimately ending up skipping the workout and still drank my whey protein, spinach & berries shake. I love the amino acids right after a workout but is it BAD to drink without a workout?

Thanks!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. No worse than eating, say, a chicken breast and not working out. Just keep an eye on your overall calories today.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I drink mine before after as breakfest or snacks working out or not.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    waste of a drink - and waste of the calories in them. I wouldnt make it a habit, cause its doing nothing for u.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A shake is a shake regardless of the time of day. If you're consistently workout out, your muscles are in a constant state of repair anyway, so it can only help.
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No because you need your protein throughout the day and even on your rest days because your muscles are still recovering and need the protein to repair.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    waste of a drink - and waste of the calories in them. I wouldnt make it a habit, cause its doing nothing for u.

:huh:
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. No worse than eating, say, a chicken breast and not working out. Just keep an eye on your overall calories today.

thanks! you're right. didn't think of it like that.. just some extra protein.