ah college

Options
I got swept up in the partying scene this past semester. I was doing well balancing it out with eating healthy and still going out. These past two weeks, I've been eating out almost every day and just plain eating when I'm bored. That doesn't really have to do with partying. I've gained back 5 of the lbs I lost and I STILL cannot get motivated to eat healthy. I do workout 3x a week at least. How does everyone stay motivated when there's too many options around?
P.S: i have NEVER ate like a college student living off top ramen and such. I'm a Trader Joe's freak!

Replies

• standarddancinggirl
    standarddancinggirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    haha pack healthy snacks with you to take to class so if you get the munchies you can eat those and then when people tempt you with fast food you won't be hungry enough to give in. :)
  • beccajordan7
    Options
    I'm a freshman in college, and our dining halls are all you can eat with an ice cream machine. I usually stick to an entrée of choice, but in a smaller portion and then load up on veggies and fruit. be careful of salads though and choose dressings wisely. I try to drink 2 glasses of water at lunch and dinner and then I bring a water bottle to classes with me and I drink 1 full bottle in the morning and 1 full bottle afternoon, and then I try one bottle at night too haha but popcorn is a good snack if you're hungry. Good luck to you!
  • celestialpocky
    Options
    When I was in college it KILLED my diet. I gained a LOT of weight. The convenience is hard to say no to.
    All those little stores, coffee shops, and fast food restaurants everywhere, its really tough.
    My best advice would be to hang a picture up of what you don't want to become and look at it everyday and weigh yourself.
    You can smile everyday knowing that you're beating it. Don't let temptations take you over, you're strong, you can do it!