Swimwear question: bathing suit, aquatard, tankini...

Options
About to start water aerobics and I was wondering what would be the appropriate attire for the class... I have been looking online and came across some aquatards/unitards, but I am a visual person and I need to see the actual product before making a purchase.

question 1: What do you think is the proper and most comfortable attire for water aerobics classes?

question 2: Is there somewhere local in the DC, MD, VA area that sells these type of swim wear? (I never heard of a unitard until today.. lol)

I rather have something that is a 1 piece or all in one and covers up well...

Any suggestions would help.. Thanks in advanced

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    depends what u feel comfortable in, bikini for me if im swimming:smile:
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey

I think i depends what you feel confortable in - as that is the most important thing reallty..
    I have never done water aerobics but I think a 1-piece or tankini is a good option - Im thinkin of getting a tabkini I must admit!
    I am in the UK so prob not the best person as to where you could shop haha

most of all - have fun at your class!!
    x
  • JennyG73
    JennyG73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with Missy, it depends on what you are comfortable in. I personally don't like how I look in a one piece but tankini's are just as comfortable. But some don't cover as much as others, so be sure to try them on and move around in them as if you were in the class (arms up, leg lifts etc.) so that you know how it moves with you. Good luck!
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I looked it up, if you want a aquatard, Sears sells them and there is a Sears in Landover, MD. It is located at Landover Mall. Their number is (301) 322-6200. You can call and see if they have any in stock and in your size before you drive there. Have fun in your class.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's whatever you're comfortable in, but depending on the age group of your class (I presume usually it's older senior citizen age group) you may want to go for something that provides coverage (tankini or more)
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thanks for looking it up for me... I was really looking for a store local to me as all I kept coming across was online stores... I will give them a call soon as it is not far from where i live...
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That depends on you. For example I have clothes restrictions. I have to wear something a bit modest. Google modestkini and welcome to my world.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I like a one piece swimsuit with a clasp between the shoulder blades to prevent any slippage while doing some unusual movements. I actually had a girl in one of my aqua aerobics classes who came out of her bikini top in class. For that reason, I also don't wear the one piece that ties around the neck. ;)
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I teach water aerobics and I recommend a high cut (at the neck) one piece to avoid wardrobe malfunctions :laugh:
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    ugh, it double posted :P