How can I beat the call of...

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
CANDY!!! I really think it's the worst addiction I have! I have always loved candy and have always eaten it pretty regularly - not every day but regularly. And I am like a 9 year old... I like the fruity, chewy, gummy, crunchy, sour, sweet candies. Candies like: runts, sour patch kids, rainbow twizzlers, gobstoppers, nerds, laffy taffy... you name it! Heehee!

Now the chocolate candy I can resist but I can get rid of my inner-kid candy addiction!!! :tongue:

So, here goes... Hi, my name is Kristi and I am a Candy Addict!!! :sad:

HEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: Kris

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    CANDY!!! I really think it's the worst addiction I have! I have always loved candy and have always eaten it pretty regularly - not every day but regularly. And I am like a 9 year old... I like the fruity, chewy, gummy, crunchy, sour, sweet candies. Candies like: runts, sour patch kids, rainbow twizzlers, gobstoppers, nerds, laffy taffy... you name it! Heehee!

Now the chocolate candy I can resist but I can get rid of my inner-kid candy addiction!!! :tongue:

So, here goes... Hi, my name is Kristi and I am a Candy Addict!!! :sad:

HEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: Kris
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    sorry Kristi i cant help you im busy eating crumbs from the empty bag of chips lol

jackie:bigsmile:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    sorry Kristi i cant help you im busy eating crumbs from the empty bag of chips lol

jackie:bigsmile:

:laugh: Thanks anyway... lol
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help. I'm more of a chocolate girl myself. :love:

I hear that the first step is admitting you have a problem. hehe :laugh:

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    What surprises me the most is that I have never had a cavity... isn't that strange? :huh: I mean I brush my teeth every morning and night and I go to the dentist regularly (every 6 months since I was 5) but you'd think with all this candy eatin' that I'd have one by now! :drinker: Not that I'm trying to get one... I'm just surprised.:noway:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me see if I can get this out around the gobstopper in my mouth..:laugh: I am also... a candy addict :sad:

I love candy, chewy, gummy, all that stuff. You wrote rainbow twizzlers and I immediately though, yum that sounds good! haha.

I don't break it I just minimize it... although twizzlers I keep thinking plastic, plastic, plastic to help! Good Luck let me know if anything helps!!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Okay, let me see if I can get this out around the gobstopper in my mouth..:laugh: I am also... a candy addict :sad:

I love candy, chewy, gummy, all that stuff. You wrote rainbow twizzlers and I immediately though, yum that sounds good! haha.

I don't break it I just minimize it... although twizzlers I keep thinking plastic, plastic, plastic to help! Good Luck let me know if anything helps!!

Haha! Finally someone I can relate to... :happy: I do try to minimize - I eat a lot less than I used to but I just can't STOP eating it all together which I think would severly help me lose weight. I just can't get enough of that yummy, fruity goodness!

And it's funny you mentioned the rainbow twizzlers cause they are my current FAVORITE!!! They are SO YUMMY!!!

*sigh* look what you do to me Willy Wonka!!! Heehee! :laugh:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhhh, the sweet goodness of candy *dreamily staring into space, drool forming*

Bad Girl!! (to myself)

As with all things, moderation!

Don't cut it out entirely, then you will feel deprived, which leads to bad, bad things!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    What surprises me the most is that I have never had a cavity... isn't that strange? :huh: I mean I brush my teeth every morning and night and I go to the dentist regularly (every 6 months since I was 5) but you'd think with all this candy eatin' that I'd have one by now! :drinker: Not that I'm trying to get one... I'm just surprised.:noway:

You answered your own question. You are caring for your teeth! i don't eat lots of candy but I HATE to floss.....hence an increase in cavities.....

Anyway, a little candy isn't horrible.
  • ek36
    ek36 Posts: 7
    Options
    I can relate, but my down fall is cake and ice cream. I made the mistake this week of buy a Publix lemon cream pound cake "for the family". :laugh: Boy was it good at 10:30 at night....my reward for exercising Unfortunately the kids are at their Dads and there is cake left. All for me!! I agree with Kareninnevada. If you cut out candy, cake etc completely you will feel deprived and crave it all the time. Then when you do eat it, you will over indulge. As for my ice cream craving, I have found that Klondike's 100 calorie Slim Bear Ice Cream sandwiches seem to fulfill my craving. Good Luck. This has been my regroup week. I lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks last month and then nothing this week. Oh well, there is next week!:flowerforyou:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    candy isnt bad...just remember moderation..anyways..try some frozen grapes..u'd be surprised how close to candy it can taste...happy weekend:flowerforyou:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    candy isnt bad...just remember moderation..anyways..try some frozen grapes..u'd be surprised how close to candy it can taste...happy weekend:flowerforyou:
  • 612gemini
    612gemini Posts: 37
    Options
    I know you didn't specify chocolate but I posted a great 88 calorie brownie recipe a few months ago for those of you with the chocolate addiction. Just search the food database for Healthy Indulgence - Double Chocolate Brownies...You won't be sorry! :wink:
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    MINE IS BROOOWWWNNNNIEEEES. OH, YUMMMY! :love: I ALSO LIKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE. I HAVE TO STAY AWAY FROM BOTH.
  • 612gemini
    612gemini Posts: 37
    Options
    I just realized that the recipe doesn't come up if you search the database so here it is again....

This is a recipe I found on discoveryhealth.com, I made them and they are fantastic! The recipe has all the nutritional info at the bottom...

Double Chocolate Brownies
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 egg whites
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
    Butter-flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.

Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies. Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.

Each brownie has: 88 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, less than 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium

Traditional Double Chocolate Brownies have: 260 calories, 3 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 165 mg sodium
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am so with you sweet fruity gummy chewy candy, no chocalate. I just tell my self when I see it in stores that I will just regret it later. cuz I will. Also I have only had my twizzlers and sour patch kids once in the month and a half that I have been counting calories (cookies 4 times though) anyways the candy made me so sick that it is so much asier now. So forse your self to not eat any for like 2 weeks thatn eat a ton and you wont want it ever again. I ws up all night with a sugar high, in the past I ate so much sugar all the time that I could not tell and also I was burping twizzlers all night and they do not taste as great the second time around.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I periodically have this problem with the fruity, sweet or sour stuff. I've found it helpful to tell myself whenever I'm craving it that what I really want is fruit. Often, if I eat something flavorful enough, like an orange, mango, or pineapple, I feel satisfied. Way less calories and way better for you!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi Kris :flowerforyou:

My name is Kechie and I too am a candy addict. I don't like chocolate. I LOVE candy. Skittles are my favorite. I also like:

Hot Tamales
    Now and Laters
    Twizzlers
    Jolly Ranchers

Candy addicts unite!:heart:

I have incredible will power so I don't eat candy. I am glad the sugar bugs have not gotten to your teeth yet. I had my first and only cavity 3 years ago.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    MINE IS BROOOWWWNNNNIEEEES. OH, YUMMMY! :love: I ALSO LIKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE. I HAVE TO STAY AWAY FROM BOTH.

Oh I love brownies too.. totally feigning for some over here!!! Oh well, at least not having them around it is a sure-thing I won't eat them:laugh: