My small success

Options
Fernella13
Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
Finally, I decided to follow the rules (exercise AND eat some of my exercise calories) and yeah! I've lost 8lbs so far! I'm 5 feet so the 8lb loss is showing. Thanks to all the people who posted and reposted about eating back exercise calories.

1754587.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of getting my cals right too and congrats on your success!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    congrats!
    it's amazing how many people want to argue it does not make sense/work to eat back any exercise calories... but... it works!

my Dr was actually very concerned that the calorie count i was given here was ONLY 1200... UNTIL i told him that was before adding back any calories burned with exercise.
    Once he heard that he was impressed about this format (in MFP) and asked for the website so he could share it with others.

i trust this man implicitly, so him being impressed by the method was all i needed to accept it was a good thing.
  • mommycombs
    Options
    So if I exercise I'm suppouse to eat some of the calories? How much?
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    So if I exercise I'm suppouse to eat some of the calories? How much?

yup!

this should help explain it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyhawk00/view/mfp-basics-78491
  • erinnmcpherson
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you guys posted this, bc I have been asking about eating back calories, and no one seemed to know the answer. Thank you!
  • lcraig36
    lcraig36 Posts: 1
    Options
    so I exercise at the end of my day. Should I be eating over my calories if I know I'm going to exercise?
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info! I feel bad eating calories i worked off. I'll try it this way since i haven't seen any pounds come off.... just seen pounds being added on :sad:
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 1/2 to 3/4 of my exercise calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!