Need some new book ideas:)

cupcakecarnivore
cupcakecarnivore Posts: 267
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
Basically what the title says! Im looking for some new books to order off amazon. Read any good books lately?

My favorite books of all time are Water for Elephants, Hunger Games, The Stand, Kite Runner, The Road by Cormac Mcarthy.....well that is a few of my favorites anyways lol. Im open to any suggestions!

Replies

• gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It is a quick read but I loved it. Any Jodi Picoult books.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    i just finished water for elephants & LOVED it. i couldn't put down the hunger games series & i just began the other daughter :o)
  • What kind of books are you most interested in? I like fantasy, romance, sci-fi. My fav authors are Laurell K. Hamilton (more adultish and not for the faint hearted) Peirs Anthony and his Xanth series, Mercedes Lakey's Elven series, MaryJanice Davidson.

I really liked the Blind Side and Memoirs of a Geisha. Trying to remember what else I've read and who's it's by.
  • Amy_1134
    Amy_1134 Posts: 2
    The Lovely Bones was a great read. I would also recommend The Joy Luck Club. It may be too heavy for some people but Brave New World is a fantastic read if you haven't had the pleasure yet.
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Little Bee is pretty good.

I loved Water for Elephants!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr. They're crime drama-type stories set waaay back in New York. They use 'new' forensic techniques that we wouldn't think twice about today. Very interesting!

I don't know if you like fantasy type stuff, but I LOVE the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen).
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Books by Janet Evanovich if you want a good laugh....she has 16 books out starting with One for the Money. The same characters are in all 16 of her books and they're hilarious
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,545 Member
    Absolutely anything by Harlan Coben. Love Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Janet Evanovich (only the number's books), Patricia Cornwell and Tami Hoag. Some of David Baldacci's books are good (some not so good). (I too loved the Hunger Games series and The Stand is my all time favorite Stephen King book so we have similar tastes.) I've just started the new series by Ken Follett. You could use the book to lift weights it's so heavy! I loved his World Without End and Pillars of the Earth-those are great vacation books. Good stories but not such easy reads that you rip right through them. I'm a voracious reader (can't get a Kindle because I can't afford my reading habit-have to use the library!) so I could go on and on.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Try The Passage by Justin Cronin. Huge book, but I couldn't stop until I was done.
  • awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I thought they were great. My other suggestions would be most of the books you have already read.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    The Hungers Games were great! They are making the movies too. You might like In the Woods by Tana French.

If you like the dystopian society type fiction, 1984 and Farenheit 451 are excellent classics.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Death in the Long Grass, Peter Capstick. I'm re-re-reading it now. Gives me the shivers.
This discussion has been closed.