NEW DIET FOOD IDEAS!

Options
Recently, I've realised that the reason I'm not having a solid weight loss is I eat too many CRAPPY FOODS!! I don't mean take aways, I rarely eat them.. but thing's like kit kats, chocolate bars, sugary cereals, fizzy juices! I am starting to slowly change my diet, by replacing little sugary snacks with healthier options as of tomorrow, so if anyone wants to join me that would be great!!

If you have any recipes or ideas for healthier meals and replacements for snacks also feel free to post!!

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    lol I loved the post, and the realization that we need to reach on our own. Feel free to check out my diary and see what I do but here are a few good links to help you along.
    http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do
    http://fourhourbodysupplements.com/2010/02/slow-carb-diet/list-of-slow-carb-foods/
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I always like treats that take a long time to eat, even when I was still eating sweets (Skittles, Hot Tamales, etc.) A good replacement for me is baby carrots, sugar snap peas, non-sugary cereals, pumpkin seeds, almonds, etc. As soon as I get them home I measure them into single servings and pack them in those little snack size baggies so I can easily grab one serving (and easily put it into my food diary) and I'm not tempted to sit there and eat the whole bag.
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becc513
    becc513 Posts: 3
    Options
    things i recently stocked up on and am enjoying so far: pistachio nuts!, white cheddar quaker rice cakes, special K 90 calorie bars, oatmeal, 70-100 cal cheese sticks. :D
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorite mid-afternoon snacks (the time of day I always seem to crave something sweet) are Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, if you can find them (I get mine at Safeway/Vons). Only 150 cals for 1/4 c. with good fats, protein, and fiber to keep me full until dinner.

Also... Trisquits and water... OMG does that fill a tummy up fast.
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow great ideas so far!!

One of the problems I find for me is, I live with my mother and she works a lot so tends to buy all of these sugary foods and snacks - because she is active so much it won't make her gain weight (lucky her!) - so it is extra hard for me as whenever I open the cupboard I am tempted by all of the treats HAHA!

I am going to make a shopping list up of (affordable) healthy snacks and meal options for myself, and hopefully she will take some of the ideas onboard herself so I'm not tempted to eat her food!!
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a husband who buys himself all sorts of chocolates, chips, snacks etc, and of course is super skinny......

What I've done is made the top shelf in our pantry for all his treats, and then I have a lower one, where I've got a couple of low cal alternatives if I really need a biscuit or something.

So basically the top shelf is off limits to me, but I can have whatever I like from the lower shelves....
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!
    Today I made some homemade cereal bars using oats, dried cranberries, a LITTLE golden syrup(so it sticks together!!) and some chopped pecans. They turned out to be delicious!
    A bit more healthy than my old snacks, but still not hugely low in calories (oats have lots of cals) - very filling though :)