So hungry!!

Options
So, I have a problem. All day while I am at work, 8am to 4pm Mon-Fri, I do such a good job on my diet. I drink water, eat healthy, and I always feel so good. The second I get in my car to go home from work, I get this feeling, like I havent eaten all day! Then when I go home, I eat soooooo much food! I dont know what to do!!!!!

Replies

• pietervm
    pietervm Posts: 1
    Options
    You got to get disciplined, the hungry feelings you have ....will pass!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it's mostly psychological. Try to find something to do to occupy your hands and your mind instead of eating. When I get the feeling all I want to do is sit on the sofa and eat, even though I just ate a decent dinner, I try to find something to occupy myself with. Exercise comes to mind first, but even some sort of hobby would work. Take the dog for a walk, take up knitting, etc.
  • kri5tin
    kri5tin Posts: 23
    Options
    Same problem!! I have been trying to save more calories for later in the day.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Do you get a break around 3pm?? If so eat a bowl of low GI cereal and skim milk (or milk or low fat yogurt) like Special K or rolled oats. It should get you though. The other thing to do is chew gum and KEEP busy after work. I used to NOT sit down until dinner time lease I start to think about food. THINK about higher things. All the best :happy:
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i've heard to eat more fiber/protein to fill you up so your not starved- and eat smaller meals/snacks throughout the day. I'm still learning this myself!! Good luck
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough during the day? I agree with the previous post about it possibly being psychological as well.. reach for the water and wait a bit before deciding if you're actually hungry.
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry eat . Just slow down and eat small bites. Stop eating when you no longer feel hungry . Not when you are full .
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Try maybe cutting back a little on your meals and having some low calorie snacks in between. That way your blood sugar level shouldn't spike and dip as much.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Car ride home or last break I have been eating these awesome deli flats (100 calories, by pepperidge farms) and 1 tbsp of natural pb. Then I come home, relax a little and then work out.... tides me over so I can eat a later dinner and hopefully not need a snack before bed.. Ive just started to do this but it seems to be working!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i have a fiber bar or rice cakes in the car on my ride home with water, & if im hungry whike im cooking i snack on carrots or something
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks to get over the hungry feeling...I AM over it..So now when I "relax" and want to eat out of boredom...I go work out or eat a protein bar which curbs hunger in the first place...

It is truly all psychological...Unless your stomach is literally growling or your stomach feels hungry it is emotional eating...Do not cave to it...Find a healthy alternative.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    carry bottles of water and protein powder with you...works every time