confused on a workkout schedule??

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I have been working out daily for a while now, i really enjoy it! Lately i have been into Zumba, so for the past 2 weeks i have been doing it faithfully. I burn about 500 cals. per hour. So today i did circuit training, it kicked my butt, and my hrm said only 290 in an hour!!! Should i stick with more cardio for the burn, or with the circuit? I am maintaining my weight now...losing 3lbs. would be awesome, but im good where i'm at....any thoughts??? THANKS!

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm not a professional, but I would say that if you are happy with where your weight is, you could alternate the zumba with the circuit training. The circuit training will help build your muscles, which will cause calorie burn for awhile after you finish.
    I am on maintenance & do circuit training at least 5 days a week. (I would love to try zumba, but have no coordination!)
    Best of luck!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I would keep up with some circuit training as it incorporates some strength training. If you want to maintain your current weight this is a valuable tool to do so. The stronger your muscle mass the better your body functions, burning more calories than someone with less lean muscle mass.