OK Ladies.. time to say NO to TOM!

sandram82
sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Ok.. every month I go thru this and honestly.. I am soo tired of caving when TOMS around.. I wanna start a thread to support those that are going thru this to support each other .. we can beat this problem.. I WILL NOT let TOM bring me down month after month.. I am soooo over on cals today and its iritating me to no end... whos with me!!

Replies

• You mean aunt flow... That is the hardest time for me!!
  • We're a little bit creepy here with our same names, close to same age children and. yeah. I'm on my TOM this week. ahaha. I don't crave though. I actually feel quite sick and I am contemplating skipping gym because it's just heavy. ugh. >< I am sitting here going "should I, shouldn't i, will i have an accident and have it run down my leg? how embarassing would that be?" it really is A LOT heavier than usual. So yeah. blech.
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    My past week has been like this, I didn't even weigh in this week. It's so frustrating because I start craving before my good old friend shows up, so I don't even know why it's happening for a couple days! Urgh.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Seasonique, ladies. Seasonique.
  • sandram82
    We're a little bit creepy here with our same names, close to same age children and. yeah. I'm on my TOM this week. ahaha. I don't crave though. I actually feel quite sick and I am contemplating skipping gym because it's just heavy. ugh. >< I am sitting here going "should I, shouldn't i, will i have an accident and have it run down my leg? how embarassing would that be?" it really is A LOT heavier than usual. So yeah. blech.

Were are very much alike.. with the exception of TOM.. Im not heavy .. but ahh cravings are horrible!
  • sandram82
    My past week has been like this, I didn't even weigh in this week. It's so frustrating because I start craving before my good old friend shows up, so I don't even know why it's happening for a couple days! Urgh.

I have that as well .. than last day or 2 of it.. im seriously going to go bonkers!
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Im on day 4... cravings were only bad the day before it started...my problem is HORRIFIC cramps & HEAVY HEAVY bleeding....so much so that I dont dare to work out.....not to mention Ive been an emotional crying unbearable witch...but the cravings, yeah, not too bad for a change.... I think what helped this month was that I got sugar out of my system ( Haven't had any since Ash Wednesday) so the normal monthly cravings weren't as bad as usual
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    I crave so much too!! This week I have woken up at night literally every night and wanted to eat the whole kitchen!! Yes the whole kitchen!! I crave so much but can't always put a finger on what I want its so frustrating. This month I have had a lot of cravings for fruit the tropical fruit salad in a can... better than chocolate at least!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member
    I have never heard it referred to as TOM but I feel you. Most of my cravings were yesterday but they come and go. YIKES, I just realized I forgot to log my Reese's Fast Break
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Ok.. every month I go thru this and honestly.. I am soo tired of caving when TOMS around.. I wanna start a thread to support those that are going thru this to support each other .. we can beat this problem.. I WILL NOT let TOM bring me down month after month.. I am soooo over on cals today and its iritating me to no end... whos with me!!

Well since I have moved away from eating any processed foods, including bread, crackers and the like and severely limit my dairy intake I never have cramps or cravings any longer..............

And I suffered with extra heavy cramps, blood clots, major PMS symptoms and was dianosed with PMDD.............

Not any more.

I am just saying that we women don't have to suffer through it. A lot of these symptoms come with the foods we are putting into our bodies.
  • sandram82
    I have never heard it referred to as TOM

TOM .... Time Of Month!!
  • I fight the munchies in the week leading up to the my period, but the first day (or first two days, depending on how bad it is), I will eat what I crave and try to keep it in moderation. So that's a junior burger instead of a large one, or a small cup of Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream instead of a Dairy Queen Blizzard, a 16 oz. bottle of diet soda instead of a 20 oz. It makes me feel better and keeps everyone around me happy because I'm less of a whiny cow.
  • Oh man do I feel you! I am on the pill and usually that keeps most of the symptoms at bay but this month and the past few have been brutal! I definitely crave all sorts of nasty things. However, I usually just flip the TOM the bird and take a nap and some aspirin....if I am craving still..which is usually chocolate I stick with a few squares of extra dark 73% organic chocolate or a 3 musketeers truffle crisp bar.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    I'll join your club! I start craving like an entire week before! It sucks. Stupid TOM.
    Oh, and TOM stands for Time Of the Month.
  • amelie21
    amelie21 Posts: 16 Member
    I agree - its a nightmare! I crave chocolate and anything stodgy and its usually 1-2 days before up to 3-4 days after!

To be honest I think you need to be a little more generous to yourself around that time. I eat the chocolate and burn it off in the gym - intense exercise actually makes you feel less hungry. I know its the last thing you want to be doing but it really does help :)
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195

Well since I have moved away from eating any processed foods, including bread, crackers and the like and severely limit my dairy intake I never have cramps or cravings any longer..............

And I suffered with extra heavy cramps, blood clots, major PMS symptoms and was dianosed with PMDD.............

Not any more.

I am just saying that we women don't have to suffer through it. A lot of these symptoms come with the foods we are putting into our bodies.

I totally agree. I have mine right now & I found that since eating differently I didn't have the God-awful symptoms but the cravings are still there. Today has been hard.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    FWIW, on the occasion I crave sugar, I drink hot apple cider or take a few spoonfuls of all natural sherbet/sorbet.... better than the box on Entemann's or the half-dozen cupcakes I used to satisfy those cravings with....
  • sandram82
    I agree - its a nightmare! I crave chocolate and anything stodgy and its usually 1-2 days before up to 3-4 days after!

To be honest I think you need to be a little more generous to yourself around that time. I eat the chocolate and burn it off in the gym - intense exercise actually makes you feel less hungry. I know its the last thing you want to be doing but it really does help :)

See this is my problem.. I cant just eat a part of something, put the rest away and be ok.. Once i start.. thats it.. I lose all control.. I need to learn not to leave the store with anything that will destroy me later!!
  • sandram82
    FWIW, on the occasion I crave sugar, I drink hot apple cider or take a few spoonfuls of all natural sherbet/sorbet.... better than the box on Entemann's or the half-dozen cupcakes I used to satisfy those cravings with....

Ahhh... I had 6 lemon poppyseed muffins today.. horrible.. I wasnt planning on eating them all.. my 1 1/2 yr old son was supose to help.. but he kept feeding me... I swear this is true.. its great hes sharing .. but baby.. eat some! lol
  • sandram82

Not any more.

I totally agree. I have mine right now & I found that since eating differently I didn't have the God-awful symptoms but the cravings are still there. Today has been hard.

I have no cramps, not heavy.. no bloating.. NO symptoms.. ONLY cravings.. which I cant seem to get under control.. I am realizing more and more when they are going to occur.. so hopefully ... no... SO NEXT month I Will control this.. please.. I hope I can!!
This discussion has been closed.