Trying to slim down with hypothyroidism and PCOS!

scuster2010
scuster2010 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
I have been at it now for a couple weeks. Have significantly increased my fruit and veggie intake and decreased my processed, fatty, and junk food intake. I have exercised 11 out of the last 13 days for at least 45 minutes (usually 70 min) at a time. My biggest issue is my belly fat. I know that with the health problems I am facing, shedding weight will be tuff, but I am determined and know that I will get where I want to be if I just don't give up! I usually do 30 min on the elliptical, 20 on the stationary bike and at least another 15 on abs and buttocks! (weight machines). I was wondering if anyone had advice on what type of activities I should do to target tummy fat? And if anyone had any known natural remedies for the ths levels and PCOS?

Replies

• lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    The only advice i have is TIME....unfortunately its hard to target one specific area...Cardio and fat burn work together to reduce fat al together..

Keep at it with the cardio and pay attention to calories in and calories out, and eventually you WILL see results.

Dont give up.
  • I would like this info as well. I have PCOS and have been exercising. The weight comes off very slowly and I am wondering how to kick start the fat burning process and stablize blood sugar levels.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Sounds like you are doing AWESOME!!! I too have hypothryoidism and PCOS, i actually just was ordered a higher dose of meds. I had the belly fat situation going as well, ciruciut training has made the biggest change in my entire body!! I was running 8 miles a day and was 20lbs heavier then i am now, all from circuit training! I have started Zumba recently and i love it for the cardio, but i doooo think you HAVE to incorperate strenghth training!!
    I also dont make excuses for myself! After i was diagnosed i felt sorry for myself for awhilie and kept telling myself i was just going to be fat forever, i finially snapped out of that mode and said no i am not!!! I forget now i have it and just work hard! Its far to easy to have reasons in your head why you arent...or cant lose...tell yourself YOU CAN and i believe you WILL!!! I weighted about 165 when i started, i am now at 27 so i KNOW it can be done!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I would like this info as well. I have PCOS and have been exercising. The weight comes off very slowly and I am wondering how to kick start the fat burning process and stablize blood sugar levels.
    I take my meds, i also take B vitamins, Kelp, and the "hot" vitamin pack from gnc, i also drink a TON of water and green tea throughout the day....
This discussion has been closed.