Backsliding

Yes, I feel like that's want I'm doing, and it scares the crap outta me! :brokenheart:

I'm not sure what's happened. It was during the two weeks I ddin't have access to MFP due to a computer breakdown. I didn't do horribly, but I've held onto that 23 lb. loss, even though overnight the scale bounced back up 9lbs. Literally, people, overnight! (there should be a little icon for hair pulling out. :tongue: ) So anyway, I have steadily lost back down to about 321, which still puts me 4 lbs over what I THOUGHT I'd lost. Is this making any sense?

Even though I know I'm still making progress, I feel my motivation slipping because I've seen so little change in the past month. I see my 70lb by November sliding away, while it was a reasonable goal at the start, now I don't think I can make it. I think I just need some encouragement.

Plus I went to buy jeans today and came away empty handed because I just barely can't get Walmart's size 26es buttoned up. That was freaking depressing. :ohwell: I thought I'd lost a size, but apparently I was wrong.

So does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Why do I suddenly feel like I'm beating a dead horse? :cry:

Replies

• bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yes, I feel like that's want I'm doing, and it scares the crap outta me! :brokenheart:

I'm not sure what's happened. It was during the two weeks I ddin't have access to MFP due to a computer breakdown. I didn't do horribly, but I've held onto that 23 lb. loss, even though overnight the scale bounced back up 9lbs. Literally, people, overnight! (there should be a little icon for hair pulling out. :tongue: ) So anyway, I have steadily lost back down to about 321, which still puts me 4 lbs over what I THOUGHT I'd lost. Is this making any sense?

Even though I know I'm still making progress, I feel my motivation slipping because I've seen so little change in the past month. I see my 70lb by November sliding away, while it was a reasonable goal at the start, now I don't think I can make it. I think I just need some encouragement.

Plus I went to buy jeans today and came away empty handed because I just barely can't get Walmart's size 26es buttoned up. That was freaking depressing. :ohwell: I thought I'd lost a size, but apparently I was wrong.

So does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Why do I suddenly feel like I'm beating a dead horse? :cry:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Oh, trust me, you are sooo not alone! Don't give up, though. Just think about how much better you will feel sticking with it as opposed to quitting. Even if you are on a plateau, it is better to keep trying than to just walk away!

Try something new, maybe add a little more exercise. I know for me that really jump-starts weight loss when I have hit a wall. Also remember, sizes vary from store to store, so maybe you are down a size but the jeans you tried on run differently.

Hang in there!!!! just think, you are still ahead of where you were when you started the weightloss journey!

11519.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    You just have to keep going and focus on how much better you feel and how much better your lungs, heart and arteries are feeling with the better food choices. Tell that scale, "heck with you and what you say, I'm still eating right and I'm gonna show you"!!! Just keep plugging along. I'm stuck and have been stuck since 3 July. I keep gaining and losing the same 1 - 1 1/2 pounds over and over. But, I know that if I keep plugging away, my body is finally going to say "i surrender" and dump a few pounds for me.

Keep up the good work.

And, don't forget to put that scale in its place!

:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Yup, you just can't give up! As down as you're feeling right now, picture that 10 times worse if you start back to all your old ways and continue to gain and gain!
    I know that I feel sooooooo good about myself these days, mainly because I'M in control of my eating, and not my eating in control of ME!
    Drink more water, get more exercise if you can, and watch your numbers! It'll happen!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    common girl you can do this!!!! Dont get discouraged... its all baby steps!!!

Jackie
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    you know what i am in the same position. i had lost 11 pounds, and then i went on vacation for 2 weeks and gained 6 pounds back. :cry: it's just a matter of getting back into the routine, but for some reason that is SO HARD. i am slowly getting my motivation back and i'm sure you will too. :flowerforyou: baby steps
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    i feel the same way.. but its just happen over night.. im feeling like i just want to eat and eat.. and im just about to give in.. i even excersised today.. and still feel in a slump.. we just lost another family member yesturday after just having a funeral yesturday also.. plus.. its like the 6 or 7 death this year.. feel like i need to just get a job at the funeral home .. cause both sides of our family uses the same one.. they know us by name.. so i know this is an emtional episode .. i feel like an acholic or somone who needs an emergancy buddy to call.. cause my friend is on vacation.. and shes usually my mentor... feeling down and dont want to give up..

so i know what you are going threw.. your drive.. your motivation .. is gone.. so im on the same boat..sorry i am not much help...... anyone with an encouraging word?
  • bonkers5975
    Thanks guys, y'all are right. I'll just go back and reread your posts over and over until it goes away!

This is a stressful time too because I'm being forced into selling my yearling filly, and it's breaking my heart... :brokenheart: But I have to find other and different ways of dealing, this I know.

I thank y'all again... keep it coming, I'm listening! :smile:
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    I hear all of you....loud and clear! I'm doing the same thing myself lately. It seems what we all have in common is lots of emotional stress right now so we are emotionally eating and making the wrong choices. We have come so far and we can't give up on ourselves!!
  • bonkers5975
    Sat 07/19/08 01:27 PMi feel the same way.. but its just happen over night.. im feeling like i just want to eat and eat.. and im just about to give in.. i even excersised today.. and still feel in a slump.. we just lost another family member yesturday after just having a funeral yesturday also.. plus.. its like the 6 or 7 death this year.. feel like i need to just get a job at the funeral home .. cause both sides of our family uses the same one.. they know us by name.. so i know this is an emtional episode .. i feel like an acholic or somone who needs an emergancy buddy to call.. cause my friend is on vacation.. and shes usually my mentor... feeling down and dont want to give up..

so i know what you are going threw.. your drive.. your motivation .. is gone.. so im on the same boat..sorry i am not much help...... anyone with an encouraging word?
    Edited by sftbutterflykiss on Sat 07/19/08 01:29 PM

OMG I am so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine... I posted my last words before seeing your post, and I feel so insensitive. My problems are nothing compared to yours right now. Please stay strong, this too shall pass. And while you'll miss your loved ones terrible, you can never truly be seperated from them, as long as you honor their lives and the things they would want for YOU.

God Bless:heart:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    God i know how you fell. I had 2 cousins die one after the other in the month of june. I was with one of my cousins when she died, and i have been in emotional turmoil ever since and all i want to do is eat. But i know ill get back on track eventually. Try to keep yourself motivated i am. I look at the message boards and that helps me a lot.

Sorry for your losses

Pamela :flowerforyou:
  • fabulusn40
    fabulusn40 Posts: 15 Member
    I had a bad week too. I just posted a message basically saying the samething. It's funny in your head you have all the right answers and know exactly what to do but when it comes to putting it in action it goes to the wayside. However, like everyone said it takes baby steps. Last week is gone and all we have is today. I promised myself I will keep going and you should too. None of us are perfect and we didn't get large overnight so we won't lose it overnight. Keep the faith and write me when you feel a slump coming on and I will do the same. Maybe together we can make it. Good Luck and Good Health!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Sat 07/19/08 01:27 PMi feel the same way.. but its just happen over night.. im feeling like i just want to eat and eat.. and im just about to give in.. i even excersised today.. and still feel in a slump.. we just lost another family member yesturday after just having a funeral yesturday also.. plus.. its like the 6 or 7 death this year.. feel like i need to just get a job at the funeral home .. cause both sides of our family uses the same one.. they know us by name.. so i know this is an emtional episode .. i feel like an acholic or somone who needs an emergancy buddy to call.. cause my friend is on vacation.. and shes usually my mentor... feeling down and dont want to give up..

Edited by sftbutterflykiss on Sat 07/19/08 01:29 PM

OMG I am so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine... I posted my last words before seeing your post, and I feel so insensitive. My problems are nothing compared to yours right now. Please stay strong, this too shall pass. And while you'll miss your loved ones terrible, you can never truly be seperated from them, as long as you honor their lives and the things they would want for YOU.

God Bless:heart:

noooo dont feel insensitive... its ok... i didnt take anything that you posted insensitive... but as i look at this post.. i dont feel like its only me losing will power.... i ate a good meal tonight and im feeling better.. i think sometimes .. when were trying to eat right.. we forget that we can still cook our own meals.. instead of eating preportioned food. So cooked a great meal tonight..ellie kreiger foodnet work low fat chicken parm.. no spagetti.. it was great..

but i also agree with the emotional eating also..
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    You just have to keep going and focus on how much better you feel and how much better your lungs, heart and arteries are feeling with the better food choices. Tell that scale, "heck with you and what you say, I'm still eating right and I'm gonna show you"!!! Just keep plugging along. I'm stuck and have been stuck since 3 July. I keep gaining and losing the same 1 - 1 1/2 pounds over and over. But, I know that if I keep plugging away, my body is finally going to say "i surrender" and dump a few pounds for me.

Keep up the good work.

And, don't forget to put that scale in its place!

:flowerforyou:

Your scale and my scale must be one in the same.....it's getting on my nerves. same 1-1 1/2 lbs keeps comeing and going here too.

Bonkers! hang in there, you can do this.