the pill

Options
I'm on Ovranette, and I have been for almost 3 years. I heard somewhere that the pill stops you losing weight or it makes you gain weight? Is this true?

Replies

• hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body. No one reacts to birth control exactly like the next person, so if you haven't experienced these symptoms after three years, I wouldn't start worrying about it now!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No pills *make* you gain weight, but they can increase or decrease your appetite. I guess it's basically the same thing, lol.

It really depends on the person, talk with your doctor about which pills you've tried and how they affected you and they can try to match you with one for your needs.
  • Ocgrrl
    Ocgrrl Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm on the shot, heard SO MANY bad reviews. I realized it was my decisions, whether I gain weight or not. It doesn't make you gain or hold onto weight, it just may make you hungrier than normal. Once you realize this, you're in control :)
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been on a bunch of different pills. One of them I was only on for a month but it made me so hungry and crave the weirdest things I ended up putting on 7 kg. My doctor switched me to another pill which did the same thing, but I only put on 5 kg this time. Now on to a different pill and I haven't got the insane cravings all the time, only 2-3 days which is much more managable - I just make sure that I have no junk food in the house that week. Good news - I'm starting to loose the weight that I put on. You just have to find a pill that works with your body! There are heaps out there so if you aren't comfortable or have weird/annoying side effects go see your doctor. :)