Protein Shakes??

Options
amelie21
amelie21 Posts: 16 Member
Hi,

How many other women drink protein shakes? I am thinking of drinking them in the morn but really dont know enough about them at all.

I would really appreciate if you could share your experience?

Thanks a mill :)

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Metabolic Reset shakes!! They have 21 protein, 7 fiber, 13 carbs, and 130 cals. mix inthe blender with ice, strawberries, and half a banana...delicious!!! I have one EVERY morning before i workout!
  • cravegod
    cravegod Posts: 7
    Options
    In all honesty, I'm gonna cut back on it. I usually drink it after a good hard workout (burning at least 400 calorie), but if I'm not as active as I should be, I start to feel the pounds pack on... You'd have to be very diligent w/ working out and taking protein at the same time...

But they mess w/ my stomach sometimes, so I'm gonna try to find other sources of protein (egg whites... etc..)
  • AStout30
    AStout30 Posts: 3
    Options
    I drink a protein shake in the morning. I really like it because it fills me up and the nice thing about whey protein is that it stabalizes your blood sugar so that you don't crave sweets as much.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I drink one every morning. I love Nature's Best Zero-Carb Isopure Whey Protein and Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla shakes.

I often have 2 or 3 of the shakes a day ... depending on what I'm doing and how much time I have.

I'm a big believer in protein shakes ...
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I drink one for lunch EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! I LOVE them. My go to shake is

Green Monster Smoothie

1 frozen banana
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
    1 scoop gnc amp vanilla protein powder
    2 large handfuls of baby spinach
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    ice
    Process in blender.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake out of soya milk, hemp powder, and a banana for sweetness. If it's a really heavy day, I add some peanut butter and flaxseed. That tends to be about 772 calories, 35g of protein, and 37g of fat. I use it on heavy workout days, when I haven't been too great about eating enough fat/protein.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i am having 2 a day...i LOVE Promax, i drink a high protein one in the day(191cals, 30g protein) and a promax diet(215cals, 38g protein) one in the evening after a workout

for the first few days it played havoc with my tummy, but a few days in it all settled down...i'd definitely recommend(and promax tastes YUMMY!)
  • amelie21
    Options
    Theres so many varieties available its mind boggling! Buts its mostly geared towards men here. Will I put on fat weight if I drink them? Im looking to put on muscle weight but also trying to loose some fat so im afraid that they will do more harm than good?

Edit: And I think I would have to stay away from Whey protein as Im mildly lactose intolerant (makes me sick) ... so was looking at soya protein?
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Theres so many varieties available its mind boggling! Buts its mostly geared towards men here. Will I put on fat weight if I drink them? Im looking to put on muscle weight but also trying to loose some fat so im afraid that they will do more harm than good?

Edit: And I think I would have to stay away from Whey protein as Im mildly lactose intolerant (makes me sick) ... so was looking at soya protein?

My nutritionist said that (for me) the perfect diet would consist of High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat and low calories. It's working. So far, so good. The nutritionist said that when your body has plenty of protein and low carbs and calories, that your body burns the fat off and uses the protein to build muscle.

Good luck whatever you decide!
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    I drink a couple shakes a day. I like a shake first thing in the morning. It fills me up but I don't feel "weighed down" like when I eat certain foods. I either use EAS 100% Whey Protein shake or other lower carb protein powders.

It's a great way to get good protein, lower carbs , low sugar meals. I actually, love the convenience of it!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake either for breakfast and lunch most days. I buy Isopure Zero (No carbs, no sugars). It is whey protein and you get 50g of protein per 2 scoops (200 calories). I add Greek yogurt or plain non-fat yogurt plus fruit and sometimes cinnamon or Stevia to change the taste up. I also add peanut butter some days too for more protein and to taste good. :D

*I am usually intolerant to milk, really creamy ice cream, and creamy sauces but I don't have a problem with this powder*

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    i've been drinking them after workouts as a lunch recently. I blend 1/2 cup of frozen berries, usually raspberries or strawberries with a cup of milk and a scoop of Jillian Michaels whey protein. I'm just trying it out because its a smaller sized container for 10$ but only yields 14 scoops. I like it a lot though, going to buy another container or two next time I go to Walmart.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My husband has just come home with a load of For Goodness Shakes http://www.wiggle.co.uk/for-goodness-shakes-world-class-recovery-kit/ as I am getting nowhere near enough protein according to my food log, and I just can't up it while keeping my fat low.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    There's one specifically geared towards women called IsoFemme I believe. I was going to buy that or the Jillian Michaels one, because the men's containers are massive and intimidating. :grumble:
  • amelie21
    Options
    Thanks alot everyone. Im going to go to the health shop and pick one up there. I'll let you know how I get on :smile:
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had farts that would kill a yak.