Chicken Cordon Bleu (kind of...LOL)

Options
JulsDiane
JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
It's really swiss, not blue cheese, swiss....I used the basics of the Hungry Girl Cordon Bleu Recipe and added the simple breading process...

Ingredients:
Buddig (or similar) - 90 Calorie Ham Packet, 1 packet
Laughing Cow - 2 wedges
Ken's Light Options - Honey Dijon, 1 Tbsp
Graham Cracker Crumbs, 1/3 cup
Spike - Gourmet Natural Seasoning Salt Free, 2 tsp
Tyson Premium 100% All Natural - Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast, 12 ounces (this was 2 decent size breasts)
Pam - Canola Oil - Non-Stick Cooking Spray, 1 tsp (1/2 second spray) -4 Sprays

In a shallow mixing bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and Spikes seasoning (or mrs dash- table blend is about the same).
Preheat the oven to 350.

I had split breasts, so we removed the bones and removed the skin. Then I pounded them out to about 1/4 inch (not like they ever stay that thin). Then spread the laughing cow, 1/2 a triangle on each breast, layer your ham slices, then spread the remaining cheese on the top of the ham. Roll them together and use 3 toothpicks to secure them as best you can.
Take the honey dijon and brush it lightly over each prepared breast. Coat them in the breading mix.

Lightly spray the bottom on a glass baking dish. Place the breast with the toothpicks up so they stay secured while baking. Cover with foil and back for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, spray each breast lightly with cooking spray, and cook for another 10-15 minutes.

I considered this 3 servings based on the size of each breast.

Calories ~ Carbs ~ Fat ~ Protein ~ Sodium
242 ~ 10 ~ 7 ~ 30 ~ 677

Replies

• brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I will be stealing this! I've actually only had it with swiss... weird huh? oh well I likey!!!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Oh now that sounds delicious!! I'm stealing this! LOL
  • sharaleeb
    sharaleeb Posts: 32
    Options
    I love that Hungry Girl! I just bought my first 2 cookbooks and since I'm a cookbook hoarder I'll be buying the others I'm sure! Can't wait to try your version! Thanks for sharing!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    OH MY GOD...if i didnt already eat supper id be doing this...and this is soooo what im doing this next week after i go shopping saturday !!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    You had me at laughing cow...
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    last time i had it was with swiss lol, oh and laughing cow now makes their swiss wedges in blue cheese flavour if you would rather have something blue-y lol
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is AWESOME!
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You could also use Shake n Bake to coat the chicken! My boyfriend gave me this idea when I told him what I was thinking about making chicken cordon bleu with chicken breasts....and told him it would not be fried or crunchy!
    He was devasted and suggest I use shake n bake.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    is this in the data base? I think I may use Progresso Italian Panko for a coating..