Quick Weight Loss w/ Big Calorie Deficit

Options
HI, I'm new to this site - just joined on Monday! I tried on a bridesmaids dress that I bought in September and it no longer fit so I need to get my butt into shape (or at least 5-10 lbs minimum) in a little more than a month! No time to buy a new dress and I don't think the one I bought will work at my current weight!

My question is regarding short-term severe calorie deficits. I have been trying to figure out if the flub that has formed around my midsection since I started a desk job last August will go away by maintaining a 700-1000 calorie deficit from now until early May when the wedding is. I am working on strength training / yoga and spending at least a half an hour on an Elliptical at least 5 days a week but at this point I care more about losing the flub than building lean muscle.

If I maintain this for the next 5-6 weeks will my body choose to burn the fat before the muscle?? I can't tell from all the different blogs I've been reading. Most of them make it sound like my body will attack my muscle before it will go for the fat stores in my thighs, butt and tummy and I certainly don't want that! I want the flub GONE! I have no intention of maintaining this serious calorie deficit longer than 5 weeks and will then adjust my diet to a 250-300 calorie deficit until I have found my happy weight/muscle place of 4 years ago when I started gaining weight.

I'm 5'7 and 145 lbs
Wedding Goal Weight - 135
Ultimate Goal Weight - 125 (or anything on the lower half of my BMI chart)