Emotional Eater

Options
Help, I am an emotional eater and it has been a bad week. I wish I was one of those people who can't eat when they get stressed but I am just the opposite. I'm not saying I totally binge out and eat everything in sight, I just like to eat junk food. Plus I went to three birthday parties this week and cake was on the menu. I didn't gain any weight because I am always moving but it bugs me that I have trouble staying on track. Plus there were days that I didn't even log all of my food or exercise. Like many of you I have all the tapes, machines, weights, and equipment in my home and just look at them. I had such a good first week but this week was a killer. I am not saying I am giving up I think I am just venting. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• fabulusn40
    fabulusn40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Help, I am an emotional eater and it has been a bad week. I wish I was one of those people who can't eat when they get stressed but I am just the opposite. I'm not saying I totally binge out and eat everything in sight, I just like to eat junk food. Plus I went to three birthday parties this week and cake was on the menu. I didn't gain any weight because I am always moving but it bugs me that I have trouble staying on track. Plus there were days that I didn't even log all of my food or exercise. Like many of you I have all the tapes, machines, weights, and equipment in my home and just look at them. I had such a good first week but this week was a killer. I am not saying I am giving up I think I am just venting. Thanks for listening.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Good news! Every day is a new start! And at least you didn't gain weight. I have gone back and forth with a week of eating really well followed by a week of Dairy Queen for dessert every night. Some weeks are just harder than others.

Hang in there!

11519.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am right along there with you!
    I have had weeks where I just want junk.
    I have been doin alright, but I sometimes just want to say I want a taco!!!! It's crazy......

I currently am fighting the urge to go get nachos! Ugh.....
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Every one of us are like that! Thank goodness we've got this great site, and all the wonderfully supportive people here to help us out! :smile:
  • MJV40
    MJV40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just be assured there are a lot of us just like you out there! I totaly understand what you are going threw. I am an emotional eater to and it is truely a struggle. Just keep telling yourself " it won't always be like this!". Just don't give up on yourself you can do it! I have to tell myself every day is a new start. Good luck and don't beat yourself up over it. g:smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Believe me I have had many weeks like the one you just went through. May was horrible with the death of step dad, and work has been crazy since the middle of February. Everyone has those weeks. Just just pick yourself up and start fresh.

If I can do this, you can do this!!!

Chin up!!!:heart:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    so i had a funeral yesturday... and the family treats it like a family reunion, food food and more food... so i didnt count caloires.. watched portions.. and ate more veggies then anything.. but i had piece or half of a piece of cake.. but today.. i just want more and more.. WHY IS IT SOOOO HARD TO GET BACK ON TRACK AFTER A DAY OF RELAXATION?
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

You and me both. But after two slices of pizza (in all fairness, 3 months ago I'd have eaten 4!) and a modest bowl of ice cream, I feel stuffed and resolved to start tomorrow with fresh outlook. I will do this, and so will you! :flowerforyou: