WW convert here...

Options
I am new and just quit WW to join MFP and see how I like it! Hello all!

Replies

• primalprime
    Options
    Good luck with the switch.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    Hello and welcome... I have also done ww but have not lost weight doing it.... never felt full. I have also done other online calorie counitng but . I really like this one.. everyone is so supportive and it is easy to use... enjoy feel free to add me as a friend
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Welcome Laura!

You'll find a great group of supportive, encouraging people here!

I hope you enjoy it and stick around for awhile!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I converted from WW and I love this site. I feel I have more control here, I still use some of the recipes that I obtained and they fit. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Carrie
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Hi, I have a family member that does ww. I would like to hear how what you find more successful. Welcome
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I am a convert too and I love it here! So easy to use and the social networking is wonderful, such great people here!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!!
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I lost about 45 lbs on WW and kept it off for a year and a half. But then I moved to an apartment where I was living by myself, got a new job, and had a lot of changes in my life that rearranged everything. Needless to say, I gained back all the weight. So I went to rejoin WW and was a bit appalled by the changes they made this year. Then I heard about My Fitness Pal, so here I am. Feel free to add me as a friend. So far I love MFP and I hope you will too! It is a LOT easier than WW was.
  • gsjpom
    gsjpom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually worked for WW for 11 years and quit last November. I've been looking for something else that incorporates all the really good points of the WW program but doesn't "sell" their own products--and a friend told me about this site. I LOVE IT! Good luck to you!
  • Kimmiesue69
    Options
    I did WW and lost 34 pounds but gained it back. I have been on My FItness Pal for a little over a month and i have lost 15.6 pounds this far. I really like it better than WW.
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey,
    Welcome! I joined WW and met my goal weight. Ive been here for several weeks and love it. Im sure you will to. Send me a friend request if you want.

Good Luck
  • mrscone
    mrscone Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there! I'm fairly new to MFP myself. I did WW for all of about 2 minutes before the whole points thing got to me. I love tracking my exercise and calories here and how MFP automatically adjusts the calories for you so you don't end up with too much of a deficit at the end of the day. Good luck - hope you have lots of success here!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I was on weight watchers too... currently still have the membership online... but am cancelling it as soon as the time runs out. I prefer this site much more and it's free... lots of support and has a lot of my foods in the system already.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I did the same thing just over a month ago, and am so glad I did!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi I used to use WW also. I think this is a lot easier and you can just keep going no matter where you are or what your weight it. I did lose weight with WW several years ago and have not seen their 'new' plan. But when I got to where I was satisfied with my weight they still had that I should lose quite a bit more. Looking back I should have got a doctor's note saying that that weight was fine, but instead I quit because I didn't want to keep paying. So now most of it's back on (but coming off on here!). I love the ease of putting in your food and exercise and no money to pay, no meetings, but plenty of support. Good luck and welcome!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi! I am a former WW too! I lost 90lbs on WW and decided to try MFP. Honestly I can't say which one is better just yet ,mostly because I was ten years younger when I lost the weight. Now that I am 38, its just plain harder and I have been doing this *diet* thing for so long that my body is just plain done! I put on 10 pounds and am trying to lose 13. I have been on MFP for a month and lost 1 freaking pound. BUT, that's most likely due to me not being dedicated enough to counting my calories like I should. I am pretty active and eat healthy about 90% of the time and according to my scale, I am of healthy weight. I really think my body just doesn't want to let go of anymore weight! Anyway, welcome to MFP
  • aoloas82
    aoloas82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done weight watchers before too and have had a few iphone apps to track my weight loss. This site and app is the best one yet!!! And, it's free. Good luck with the switch!!!
  • NurseChristy3
    NurseChristy3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Recent convert here myself...this is so much easier and no need to figure points on everything...just look at label and be done ;)
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I just quit WW today as well! I hope we have some success here :)
  • HappyImMe
    Options
    Hello. I am new to MFP and really excited. Although, I have to admit I am in the negative 432 in my calorie count. Boy do I have some lifestyle changes to make.

My Goal is to weigh 128 on October 24, 2011.

I will split my goal to two mini goals of 25 lbs (which will place me at a healthy weight) and a third final fitness goal of 15 lbs. My accomplished goal for a 5'4.5" height will result with me weighing 128. I am excited because I know I will get as much support possible here. Thanks all. Looking forward to getting to know your encouraging personalities on this site. I know we will be celebrating the me I know i am able to unravel soon! Wish me luck!

Weight loss goal of : 25lbs

First Goal date: June 24th 2011

Second Goal date: September 24th 2011

Weigh loss goal of : 15lbs
    GOAL Date of October 24th 2011

I am estimating this is equivalent to 2lbs a week. To all who are experienced, please let me know if this sounds unrealistic or unhealthy. I do not want to sabatoge myself. I only want to celebrate. Thanks!
  • maddiesmommy1111
    Options
    I just recently canceled my WW subscription too!! I lost 10 pound on it with the new points plus..but my mother in law told me about this site a while ago and thought I would try it out I really haven't gotten into it 100% yet do to time, but already LOVE this site so much better than WW. This site is so much more user friendly, and no counting points which was also a pain in the butt..lol Good luck on your Weight loss Journey!!