Midnight "snacks"

Options
I eat my meals at regular times every day but always seem to find myself hungry at around 11pm and always end up snacking. It's within calories so it's not the biggest threat to me, I just would rather go to sleep and not be feeling my stomach digesting food... Anyway, to avoid me eating right before bed, I was wondering what you would suggest.
Either

Moving my evening meal to a later time, from 6-7pm to around 8-9pm?

Or

Having my evening meal at the same time, but having a snack scheduled in for around 9pm so that I don't eat more later on?

Replies

• VialOfDreams
    Options
    I eat breakfast - snack - lunch - dinner - snack. In that order, that way my last meal is a snack. I'd say eat your last snack about an hour before bed time, and make sure it is mostly protein based, like Greek yogurt and fruit, a handful of nuts etc. Also, eat lots of fiber throughout the day.
  • Hiker_Chick71
    Hiker_Chick71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer suggested eating mixed nuts (a handful) at around 9pm. Mixed nuts will keep the metabolism going for several hrs and will keep you from being hungry and wanting more! :)
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have a scoop of protein powder in water just before bed
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    i hate to be controversial, but protein keeps you awake and carbs make you sleep. So, I prefer carbs before bed, or at least mixed carbs and protein, like milk.

google it! :wink:

But in answer to the OP, I snack late too, but as long as I'm under cals, I dont worry about it. I eat dinner later too so having it ever later wouldnt help. I guess some of us are just snackers!

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • xgibbs
    xgibbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 cup 1% milk
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I just redid my diary categories and added "Late Night Snack". I always go for blueberries and wine at night because those satisfy my mental urges :)