talk about a low blow.

Options
So in order to really keep track of my weight loss, hubby went out and got me a brand new top quality scale! Well I was hanging out in my son's room playing with it earlier and I weighed myself. I got SUPER excited bc I said I was only 40lbs from my goal weight which means I lost 1/2 of my baby weight! Well I got confused so I made my hubs get on it and it said he weighed 30lbs less. Then I realized it was b/c it wasn't on a hard surface.

So I weighed myself for the first time since the night I had the baby. I need to loose MORE weight then I thought and i'm super depressed. This sucks! :brokenheart:

Replies

• TiffanyDollface
    Options
    So in order to really keep track of my weight loss, hubby went out and got me a brand new top quality scale! Well I was hanging out in my son's room playing with it earlier and I weighed myself. I got SUPER excited bc I said I was only 40lbs from my goal weight which means I lost 1/2 of my baby weight! Well I got confused so I made my hubs get on it and it said he weighed 30lbs less. Then I realized it was b/c it wasn't on a hard surface.

So I weighed myself for the first time since the night I had the baby. I need to loose MORE weight then I thought and i'm super depressed. This sucks! :brokenheart:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    keep your head up. its baby weight right? it will come off, with some diet and exercise. dont beat yourself up you made a miracle and that takes sacrafices:flowerforyou:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My goodness, I feel your pain. I had my baby back in February... the other day I was talking to my mom saying that I don't feel as big after this one as I did with my first (this last one was my third by the way) anyway, she totally looks at me ans says, "Really, I could swear your bigger this time, look at these pictures from _____" I had a slap my forehead moment. I am so much bigger this time around. Ugh! So I know what you mean... My weight isn't coming off that fast either. Darn it!!!!!

It will eventually come off though, that's the good part about it. I just haven't had a chance to actually get rid of mine once and for all. Once my girls stopped nursing I was able to work out more heavily, when they were around a year or so... SO I'd start to lose some weight and the next thing I know... I'm pregnant again. My girls are every two years apart... I've basically not been able to lose weight for the last 5 years!!!! :laugh: I have to laugh at myself
  • carmenberard
    Options
    My girlfriend breastfeeds her son and her doctor said it burns about 300-1200 calories a day depending on how big you baby is (also his/her age) and how often you feed them. Perhaps somthing to think about as she has lost a good portion of her baby wieght already without changing her diet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    every time I lost that last 10lbs I would get preggers again. My mom said I just got too sexy! Maybe that is why it took 20 years to diet again!
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    another thing for all you new moms or moms again. It took nine months to put the weight on it will take that to take it off again. (At least give yourself that much time) if you do it faster that's great, but if not, it at least was put there in the first place for a good cause.

That is the advice my mom gave me twenty-three years ago when I had my first of two. He is going to be twenty-three on the twenty-eighth! So long ago and seems like yesterday.

Good luck and just keep working it.
  • TiffanyDollface
    Options
    Thank you ladies =) It was just depressing to see those numbers. I ate like a cow when I was pregnant, no one told me any better - lol, & now i'm regretting it majorly because I can't break the habbit! I'm trying though!

& she's right, it took 9months to put ON all the weight! My Mom tells me that one all the time!

xo
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One other thing you breastfeeding moms need to remember is to eat your breastfeeding calories!!! It's really hard to determine how much you are burning by feeding your baby so just make sure you're not undercalculating.........

I had baby #2 in September and I've been doing MFP ever since and I'm happy to report after gaining 60 lbs with my second child I'm 7 lbs LESS than when I got pregnant. So, keep at it, don't give up, IT CAN BE DONE.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    One other thing you breastfeeding moms need to remember is to eat your breastfeeding calories!!! It's really hard to determine how much you are burning by feeding your baby so just make sure you're not undercalculating.........

I had baby #2 in September and I've been doing MFP ever since and I'm happy to report after gaining 60 lbs with my second child I'm 7 lbs LESS than when I got pregnant. So, keep at it, don't give up, IT CAN BE DONE.

wow, check out that motivation! there's some proof that you can make it happen! just keep working hard! i'm sure you'll get to your goals!:flowerforyou: