Bought a BodyMedia Fit-Question!

Options
Ok, so I'm a lover of all techie gadgets so I went ahead and bought the BodyMedia Fit. I registered online and did all that happy stuff, my question is, when should I "start?" I know it logs sleep, so should I put it on after my shower tomorrow morning and not sync it until the following morning so I get a full 24 hours of data? Appreciate help from anyone who has one!!! Thanks!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    If you put it on before bed tonight, when you sync it in am (and leave off while you shower) it will tell you how much you sleep tonight. Sleep does not show up until the next day - does that make sense? I don't think it really matters though when you start. You could just as easily wait until after you shower tomorrow and are ready to start your day.

If you figure out the significance of vigorous exercise (above 6 mets) let me know. I don't get it every day but might try harder if I knew it was really important or something!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for about 1 month now.
    I would put it on tonight and sync it in the morning...

I sync mine nightly for sure... sometimes in the morning too.
    Its a great tool in the battle for health and weight loss!
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Ohh what does this BodyFit Media do?
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    SlimmingSarah-

It's a nifty little gadget you wear on your arm that will tell you how many calories YOU are burning on a daily basis....also tracks the quality of your sleep, how many steps you take per day, etc. You enter your personal stats and log your food just like you do on here (or you can just log total calories from what you get off of here, I've heard MFPs food database is better). I think it'll give me a more accurate picture of what I'm doing right or wrong, at least I hope!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    i've had mine bodymedia for about 6 weeks, and I usually sync it at least twice per day to see what my burn is so I make sure I dont have too high of a defecit, or that I dont eat to much. I would start using it right now!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I put it on (after charging) before I went to bed last night. It seems like it will be very helpful.. if I can just get used to wearing it.
  • cmisty2001
    Options
    be sure you get a good battery charge on it - I got the bluetooth version and it took about 3 hrs to initially charge up. I put mine on just as soon as it charged up and haven't stopped with it.

seeing that deficit has kept me from eating some items if my schedule doesn't offer time to work it off. Love the feedback.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get sick of people asking what it is?
    I mean I wear alot of short sleeve shirts and its pretty obvious that I am wearing it.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love mine had it about a month and like you I like gagets and the data this gives is really interesting. Just wish the food database was better thats why I log here and transfer total to their database. I put mine on that first night but I am like a kid at Christmas I couldnt wait to see what it could do. It has really made me think of ways to increase the # of steps I take and getting vigourous activity. Just down loaded the update application for my droid oh so cool!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get sick of people asking what it is?
    I mean I wear alot of short sleeve shirts and its pretty obvious that I am wearing it.

I have wondered that as well. I live in Mass so its still sweater weather, so no one can see my band, but I think it will look weird in the summer when I have short sleeves on. Not sure what I will do about that....