For those who started at over 300lbs...

Options
When you lost "X" amount of weight did you start bruising alot easier? and if so how did you get the bruising to quit, and how long will it stay?

Help cuz my body looks like I'm someones whipping post!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I started at 206....BUT bruising easily normally means you are low in vitamin C. Once I start noticing alot of bruising I will take some vitamin C and it goes away.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    interested in these responses
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Bruising easily happens for many reasons, as you lose fat you may tend to bruise more easily because of less body fat below the surface of your skin and less protection.
    In general women bruise more than men, but also when you change eating habits you may be getting less of vitamins and minerals that you need. Vitamin B12, K C or Folic acid deficiencies can cause bruising.
    Some of those things you can get from diet. Try eating more broccoli and blueberries for Vitamin K; broccoli, citrus fruits and strawberries for Vitamin C; meat, fish, eggs and dairy for Vitamin B12; and spinach, fruits, beets and juices for folates.

Try adding some of these into your diet and see if it makes a difference, if not you should see a physician, or Nurse Practitioner to investigate other possibilities.

(I am a nurse )