When Counting Water...

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
Do you also include the water that you used to make a protein shake, smoothie, Shakeology, etc?

Today I counted 11 cups of water NOT INCLUDING the above. But I made my Shakeology post workout snack and my later protein shake snack with 1 cup of water each. Should I be counting those cups of water in addition to the water that just drank plain, or am I doing it correctly to not count those?

I am getting plenty of water regardless, I just want the accurate count on my log. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yup, count 'em! :drinker:
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    I just count water as water :)
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I dont, but I suppose you could
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    You could do it either way...Sometimes I count my tea and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I don't even track my water! It depends on what you want to do.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I would say yes if you want to count ALL the water you take in, but you don't have to. I do but just cause I feel the need to keep track of everything ;)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water. I do drink an iced tea (unsweetened of course) at lunch, but I don't count it. I think if you're using water in your shakes, that's probably ok, but I don't think I'd count it since it's doing different things than what plain water does to your body.

But that's just my opinion... Good for you for hydrating!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    it's doing different things than what plain water does to your body.

Nope, it actually does the same thing - hydrate! As long as you're drinking non-sugar, non-caffeinated beverages, it'll serve to rehydrate your body. (It's a good thing!) :happy:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    When I read Body for Life he said you could count your water in your protein shakes, So I usually do. Caffinated beverages, and alcohol counteract what the water does, so if you have those drinks, you need to up your water to make up for it.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What about Propel Zero and extremely watered down crystal ice? Can I count those?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I definitely do :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I've had conflicting answers on coffee with doctors, nurses and my dietician.
    I've pretty much stopped counting water. If we really want to get technical, take watermelon, for example, it's what? 90% water? Should we count that towards water intake, too? This is the reason I don't count glasses hardly anymore. Certain foods and beverages contain water, but some say count it and others say not to.
    For me, I get enough veggies and fruits, that if I drink 6 glasses of water, I'm pretty sure other things made up for it.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    No, the only water I count that isn't just plain water is the water I mix with Metamucil.
  • Coleman73
    Coleman73 Posts: 42
    Options
    I dont know either way. What matters is getting enough good liquid to keep you from being dehydrated and to help flush your system of toxins. So Count it, Dont count it. Thats a personal choice, just be mindful of your hydration levels.