Anyone work out at lunch?

Options
I want to start running at lunch but I dread taking a shower. I am in the process of training for a half marathon though and lunch would be the perfect time. Do you just get used to doing that?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Either you do or your coworkers get used to you NOT taking one :D

Lunch is good for me. Right time of day for me and a great excuse to not eat something stupid!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've recently just started doing this myself. It takes a little motivation and butt kicking (ie, get off your lazy *kitten*, self, and go down, get dressed, run, take a shower, and go back to work). The showering isn't bad, but a ponytail (if you're a girl) will become your new best friend, lol :)
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i do exercise at lunch, i practice my dance but in a nice air condition room , keeps sweating to a minimum. besides i work with dogs and considering how nasty dirty some of them are when they come in (why do people always say they are going to give him a bath tomorrow, why couldnt thy yesterday before taking them to the vet?????) i dont think anyone is going to notice me over them dogs
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I do a walk/jog/skip kinda thing at lunch. I change into different clothes for it, but have no shower access nor time for a shower. No one has complained yet and my bestie at work would complain, trust me. He complained yesterday because I ate a tiny piece of very fragrant onion before I came to work!
  • jpmajors
    jpmajors Posts: 53
    Options
    Bath with baby wipes and deodorant. Works as well now as when I was a Marine ENJOY and run on
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to start on Monday and I'll be ready to wear a ponytail afterwards :) There's a really nice running track right by my work so I really should take advantage of it!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I did that for years and years! (Erm, this would be back when I was running all the time and didn't have a weight issue).

Yes, I took a shower afterwards. I didn't dry my hair though, as it took too long. I just put it up afterwards.

You might be able to get away without the shower (or at least not wetting your hair) and then just drying the sweat out of your hair.