NSV I Jogged 2 Miles!

Options
When I began taking better care of myself 9 weeks ago I was worn out walking 2 miles and couldn't jog a quarter mile. Tonight I jogged 2 miles without stopping. It felt so good!!

Replies

• bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    way to go it's my favorite exercise now!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It feels good, doesn't it?
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Awesome!! Those accomplishments are so rewarding. Keep up the good work!
  • simplyroni
    Options
    Good job! :)
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That is an impressive accomplishment!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    very nice!! also I know I'm not the only one thinking about this but, what does " NSV " stand for?
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

NSV= Non-scale victory
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i am so impressed!! i can barely run a mile!!! :D
  • luckiarmywife
    Options
    Thats great! :D
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations and keep it up :-)
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Before you know it, you'll be running your first 5k..

I envy you. I cannot run 2 miles without stopping and I've been working out (not really running though) for about a year now.

Keep up the good work!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've been afraid to start jogging. I just increase the incline on the treadmill each week or so. Your increase from 1/4 mile to 2 miles is very inspiring to me!
  • Vertigo50
    Vertigo50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job!

MisterDubs, and anyone else who might be afraid to try jogging, I highly recommend the Couch-to-5K plan. It takes you from sedentary to running 30 minutes non-stop in about 9 weeks. For some that is a 5K distance, but slower runners like me will have a little farther to go.

When I started in January I struggled to run the 60 second intervals without stopping. Now I am running 3.1 miles (5K). It really works. The best part is, it's totally free. You can print it out or download a smartphone app to do the timing for you. It's really easy.

www.c25k.com
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was just coming on here to post this exact same thing! I have been doing the C25K and I'm only on week 5, so I was supposed to walk 5 minutes, jog 10, then walk 5 more. But then I started jogging. I got to 10 minutes and told myself if I pushed through for 2 more I would hit a mile. So when I got to 12, I said I could do 15, and then 20 and then once I got to that point I was only 4 more minutes from 2 miles so I just kept jogging!
  • Vertigo50
    Vertigo50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rblauvelt7, way to go.

I will warn you, though, be careful of pushing too far too soon. Your muscles, joints, bones, and everything else need time to adjust to the added distances. Definitely ride the wave when you get an adrenaline rush once in a while, but make sure you're taking your rest days and giving your body time to improve.

I jumped from 2.5 miles to 3.1 miles because I was feeling great and wanted to do the 5K distance for the first time, but then I was sore and in a little pain for a few days, so I had to back off and build back up to it a bit.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Running/jogging is my favorite too! Though, not many of my friends share that sentiment! I hated running in HS, now I regret that I didn't actually give it a chance!!! Keep it up!!! :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a real feeling of accomplishment, isn't it! GO YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!