WAYYY over on sugar daily

Options
Hey guys,
I've come to realize that every single day I'm going over on sugar.
I'm trying so hard not to, but the main staples of my diet are fruit, fiber one cereal, and chobani yogurt.
Minus any sweets, I'm usually over in two meals...is this a bad things (considering it's good food I'm eating) or do I really need to find a way to cut out all the sugars?

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I am always over on sugar, if you eat 2 or more fruit you'll be over. You can add sugar to your daily log so you can see where it's coming from which helps me. If it's mainly fruit you're eating I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Emilyrenee84
    Emilyrenee84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're fine as long as it's natural sugars (like what is in fruit), as long as it isn't sugar added then you're fine.
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me too. I also go over on Sodium every day too. :( I can't seem to be able to get them down.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't count sugar in fruit or milk. Those are natural sugars. I've set my sugar number to 40 and look mainly at added sugars. I can't help it that milk has 12 g and fruit has a good amount too. Since milk is naturally sweet try to stick with yogurt without added sugars.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I eat 2-3 fruits a day - even my skim milk has sugar - I never add or use sugar and daily for weeks I was over on the sugars so..... I removed it. I know I'm not using sugar and that I'm taking in natural sugars so I decided I didn't want to look at it anymore. Now the only thing I go over is my protien and I'm ok with that! :bigsmile:
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i figure that sugars from fruits are good things, so i raised my percentage on here so i don't feel bad being in the red for sugars everyday because i'd rather let myself munch of a bowl of berries than a box of cookies... i was also over on protein daily lol so i raised that too :o)
  • tinalina81
    Options
    Me too. I also go over on Sodium every day too. :( I can't seem to be able to get them down.
    Same here, sugar and sodium are the two things I just go over on every day. Removed sugar for now since I don't use any sugar or sweeteners so the sugars I do eat are either from fruit or honey or whats in things already
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am obviously the odd ball here because I think going way over on sugar is not good because it screws up your blood sugar levels, even if it is all natural and from fruit.

That said, so long as you eat your fruits with nuts and seeds or some sort of protein to slow the sugar intake down, you should be fine.

Why do I think the way I do? Because consistent high sugar levels can eventually lead to diabetes and I don't think that's something anyone wants. Consistently high sodium levels can lead to high blood pressure.

If losing weight is your only goal, then I say go ahead and continue on the path you're on. However, if life-long health is your goal, then take little steps to constantly improve your diet lest you find yourself one day being forced to change it through ill-health.

Choice is obviously yours, not mine.
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    alright, I'll definitely try to incorporate more protein when I eat my fruit,
    I didn't know it slowed down th sugar uptake.
    Currently, sodium and sugar isn't really a problem because I naturally have low blood sugar and I was advised by a doctor when I was younger (After chronically fainting) that I'm always going to have to have a little more sodium than the average person (something about if I'm retaining more water, my blood pressure stabilizes, so I don't faint. Not really sure if that still holds true, I may have out grown it, but I know I always feel better after a few pretzels:)