Plateaues.??????????

Options
Hello there my fellow mfp'ers. Please , please help me in figuring out why I have been at the "P" word for sssooo long now. Or tell me what the heck to do to break it.. It seems like two months that I have been 115 or 113 ect..ct.. eating 1200 most days and 1500 off a few days!!!! Any one with any and i I do mean any advice please respond. Thank you so very ,very much..neome90

Replies

• neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Hello there my fellow mfp'ers. Please , please help me in figuring out why I have been at the "P" word for sssooo long now. Or tell me what the heck to do to break it.. It seems like two months that I have been 115 or 113 ect..ct.. eating 1200 most days and 1500 off a few days!!!! Any one with any and i I do mean any advice please respond. Thank you so very ,very much..neome90
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    neome90...I"m with you on this one. I have been at the same 3 lb now for over a month. Up, down, up, down. That's why I haven't been posting, although I've been reading the other posts alot. Just too frustrated with it. I even kicked up my exercise program, cut out alot of junk (mostly for other health issues). I am happy to say that I have been losing 0.5 inches here and there. Have you done any measurements lately to see if maybe that's your case? But like you, I want that scale to MOVE!!! So I'm interested to see everyone's response.

P.S. Thanks for checking up on me. It's nice to be missed. :blushing:

iftcheiaf
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've read alot of posts that say that if you're stuck, sometimes it helps to up your calories, and also get more exercise.
  • artnoren
    artnoren Posts: 54
    Options
    I had the same problem for about two months and then suddenly my weight began to drop again. Make sure you are eating enough calories so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism way down. I also increased my exercise, but not by that much. I have averaged a pound a week since I join MFP. I started changing my eating and exercise(or lack thereof)the first of the year. I went from 234 to 189 from January to April. I had lots of water retension due to an illness so the early loss was easy as I was put on Lasix to reduce the water. On April 12 I joined MFP and was 189.8 lbs. today I weighed in at 173 lbs. My program is set up to AVERAGE a pound per week, and even with the plateau I have averaged that over the time I have been on the program. Good luck and hang in there!