Not in denial anymore

Options
Hi, everyone. I always knew what I needed to do to get "normal" sized. I've done it several times and once lost 72 lbs. But I was in denial and I knew the old, "I can quit any time I want to." But face it, I'm not getting any younger. (48) I was feeling yucky, like I was getting older and sicker. When my gallbladder started to give me pain, I had to clean up my eating. HAD to, didn't want to. I saw the 17 Day Diet on Dr. Phil, and I thought, "I can do 17 days." So I ordered the book. I started 01/16/11 at 231.6, and weighed today 196.6. Yeah!! I couldn't wait to get under the "200" mark!

I Love Love Love MFP. It is very motivating, and I love reading the posts from people here. I love that it is on my phone or on my computer at home. I was on vacation for two weeks, and I attribute the fact that I lost 8 lbs in that time to MFP.

I'm glad you're here.

Replies

• squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    congradualtions on your weight loss achievement, sorry it took paying the price of your health to do it. sometimes we all need taken down a peg or two for us to realize what is the best for us. it is unfortunate that it had to happen to you,