Why?

Options
Why on earth have I managed to gain a pound after a week of watching what I eat and balancing it with exercise? Could it be the new birth control I'm on?

Replies

• honey61
    honey61 Posts: 5
    Options
    Why on earth have I managed to gain a pound after a week of watching what I eat and balancing it with exercise? Could it be the new birth control I'm on?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Could be. Or maybe you're not drinking enough water, or you're not eating your exercise calories like alot of the members say to do.
  • dsvflath
    dsvflath Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't drink water. Does it matter that much?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I don't drink water. Does it matter that much?

I've heard that it's VERY important to drink alot of water each day. I was never much of a water drinker myself, but, it's really helped me with my weight loss. And it also makes me feel full most of the time, as well as having clear skin! So give it a try!
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options

maybe - but too soon to say. It could be water retention, musle gain, calorie count not accurate, thyroid, a whole slew of things.

I would stay with it, and watch it a few more weeks, if still nothing is happening then start eliminating stuff or check in with the ob on your bcp.

I've been there and no how totally frustrating that can be. :grumble:
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Could be! The body is a strange thing... likes to maintain balance and resist change sometimes. If you keep at it, the weight will come off as your body realizes it doesnt need the extra weight to protect itself. (Also the reason why crash dieting doesn't work... slow weight loss is sustained weight loss)

Also, yes up the water intake. Direct effect on your metabolism. Also pay attention to the amount of salt you're taking in, i find my body reacts in weird ways on days after I have too much salt.

Good luck!
    .kat