MFP Runners Club - July 20

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
Good Morning Everyone!!

Rest Day for me today - unless you count painting the outside railings rest...DH has put me to work! :sad: i hate painting!

JD - read about your desire to pole vault! That is cool! I am so happy that you are feeling strong enough to get out there again! I have no coordination so events like that just amaze me! Let us know when you have the chance - and make sure someone is taking pictures!!

Mireille - cannot wait to hear how your run went this am!

Angie - if you read this - let us know all about your super-marathon!!

Have a great day all!!

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Rest Day for me today - unless you count painting the outside railings rest...DH has put me to work! :sad: i hate painting!

JD - read about your desire to pole vault! That is cool! I am so happy that you are feeling strong enough to get out there again! I have no coordination so events like that just amaze me! Let us know when you have the chance - and make sure someone is taking pictures!!

Have a great day all!!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Run one for me!!!! Since I had my surgery wednesday it will be 6 weeks b4 I can get back to the gym. Even then my surgeon said that I would have to start out with a light walk to build my muscles back up.:grumble: :grumble: I never thought that I would miss running so bad.:sad: I remember when running was torture now not being able to is 100x worse. I'm countin' the days till I can pound the pavement again. Hope all you runners have a great day.:bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It's raining, it's pouring... :cry:
    Good news is the rain is supposed to cool things off but I don't know if I will be able to get out today. I may have to do my long run during the week which really sucks cuz the only time I can do a long run is on Wednesday morning. :grumble:

I'm curious, do you guys/gals do your long runs on the same day every week or do you switch it up?
    If I run on Wednesday (7.5miles), do you think I could get my 8 mile in on Saturday?
    I leave for vacation on Sunday and I really would like to get my long run in before I leave.

What do you guys think?
  • Mireille
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Have a great day all!!

Have fun painting today!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Run one for me!!!! Since I had my surgery wednesday it will be 6 weeks b4 I can get back to the gym. Even then my surgeon said that I would have to start out with a light walk to build my muscles back up.:grumble: :grumble: I never thought that I would miss running so bad.:sad: I remember when running was torture now not being able to is 100x worse. I'm countin' the days till I can pound the pavement again. Hope all you runners have a great day.:bigsmile:

Congrats on your surgery!
    My sister wanted a TT so bad but she's one of those people that don't heal very well (major scaring on little paper cut lol). So, she opted out.
    Is the pain very bad?
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Good Morning! I got up before sunrise this morning to get a run in before church. I only managed 4.5 miles because thats all I had time for. Oh well, I guess its better than nothing right? Anyways hope everyone enjoys their sunday!

Happy Running :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning Jocks & Jockettes!

No run for me today, but we are going hiking later!! :drinker: :drinker: Can't wait! It's one of my favorite things to do & we haven't gone up all summer yet. :grumble:

Hope the rain clears up soon, Mireille. Send some of that down to Colorado, we need it. (After my hike though, please!) :wink:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow runners.

I got up too late to run so it was very humid and hot at 7:00 am. I took my dog for a short walk. Not much I know. I will be walking a lot later as we have to go shopping for home theater stuff.

Have fun painting and all the other chores everyone has to do today.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 8 miles this morning. It was humid today, 85%. My during the week running partner decided to join me for a long run today. It was nice to have some company. I don't listen to music while I run.

Trish is you were in NC I'd come and help you. I LOVE painting.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

Get well soon Amber!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I'm curious, do you guys/gals do your long runs on the same day every week or do you switch it up?
    If I run on Wednesday (7.5miles), do you think I could get my 8 mile in on Saturday?
    I leave for vacation on Sunday and I really would like to get my long run in before I leave.

What do you guys think?

I usually do my long run on Sunday. However, there have been weeks that I have to run on Saturday instead.

If I did a long run on Wednesday, I'd take off Thurs and Fri and do another one on Saturday.

My 2 cents :bigsmile:
    -Kechie.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    One more rest day for me. Totally ready for vacation and actually a bit sore from all the yardwork I did yesterday.

Everyone have a great week, run your little hearts out!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I ran 8 miles this morning. It was humid today, 85%. My during the week running partner decided to join me for a long run today. It was nice to have some company. I don't listen to music while I run.

You're amazing, Kechie. Humidity kills me! You east coasters rock!! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Options

You're amazing, Kechie. Humidity kills me! You east coasters rock!! :drinker:

I feel weird typing this but it is true. You get used to it. I ran all winter and never thought I would get used to the humidity but I did.

Enjoy your hike today:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles. It is just too hot for me to do any more.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Today is an easy day for me. I walked dogs 8 miles and treaded water in the pool for 20 minutes. A track coach that lives in my neighborhood told me that's the best way to get your legs back after a long run (either running in the water or treading water), so I tried it.

Mireille, I usually do my long runs on either Saturday or Sunday, but I did have to do it once on a Friday. I just make sure I have a really easy day before and after the long runs and so far it hasn't hurt anything.

Have a happy Sunday!:flowerforyou: