Hair Loss

Options
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has experienced some hair loss. I have lost 25 lbs since March, I no longer eat fast food, only fresh veggies, chicken, turkey, fruit. I take a bunch of supplements, I excercise daily. I am very proud of my weight loss and really only have about 10 lbs to go. I notice though that my hair seems to be thinning??? I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what have you done to counter act it? Help!:frown:

Replies

• evjazz
    evjazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has experienced some hair loss. I have lost 25 lbs since March, I no longer eat fast food, only fresh veggies, chicken, turkey, fruit. I take a bunch of supplements, I excercise daily. I am very proud of my weight loss and really only have about 10 lbs to go. I notice though that my hair seems to be thinning??? I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what have you done to counter act it? Help!:frown:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. hmmm... :huh: Do you consume artificial sweetener of any sort? I've heard that it can lead to hair loss. Also, dying your hair too often can definitely cause hair loss. I'm pretty sure my sister's hair thinned due to her getting it permed too many times.
  • push
    push Posts: 9
    Options
    I started loosing a lot of hair; especially up on the front top. Everytime I showered I had hands full of hair. It turned out I had a thyroid problem. After years of being on synthroid, the problem decreased.

In times of high stress, my hair tends to fall out more than usual. I say more than usual because its normal to loose hair on a daily basis.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i know when ppl loss an excessive about of weight it happens.. im not in that catagory.. hoping to 20 pouns this week or more.. and last week i noticed that when i ran my fingers through my hair. i had a good bit in my hand... i wonder why we do lose hair during weight loss.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i have always lost hair since i was 13 and exspecially when i was on birth control. but i have also noticed a lot of hair in the shower again and i had my tubes tied so i know thats not it i assumed it was the weight loss and just figure its a vitamin thing even though i eat super healthy maybe if your real concerned you should talk to a doctor about it. for me i have really thick hair so its not really bothering me yet

good luck
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    If you aren't getting enough protein that could also be one reason. Safest bet is to ask your doctor about it though. He can guide you to the right answer.