Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

looking for a pocket scale...

But my Google-fu isn't up to the job. Even when I include "food" in my search, it just returns the same scales that are ideal for measuring "spices" down to hundredths of a gram - but only about 100 grams of them

What I'm looking for is something that can go in my pocket, that I can put under a full size plate, and weigh the food that's going on it.

So, it will probably need a 2kg or 5lb capacity, and a zero/tare feature would be nice. A 1 gram precision is all I really need, but 0.1g would be nice.

But the big problem is the plate. I think what's needed is a detachable display (on a wire) - or at a push for the display to be vertical, so you can see it under the plate.

The closest I've found are these: http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.aspx?isbn=0814859010093 but at 1kg it would struggle with heavier plates, and I estimate the display would be obscured by a 9" plate. (OK, I could probably detach the display myself, but the 1kg limit is a problem)

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I got one from weight watchers that works awesome, with a zero button and you can use grams or oz
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Ooops, I should have said I already have kitchen scales for home use - I'm looking for something that can go in my jacket pocket for when I'm out and about