cheap healthy recipes!!!!!

Options
roshong06
roshong06 Posts: 196
I am in desperate need of some LOW BUDGET, healthy low calorie recipes. My husband and I are having some hard times with money, and I need to say on my eating right track...but I need some help, I can't eat another salad!!! All I ever eat is tuna, salads, and baked chicken, with steamed veggies...I need a change. That PB&J sandwich my kids are eating looks heavenly right now....save me!

Replies

• roshong06
    Options
    I am in desperate need of some LOW BUDGET, healthy low calorie recipes. My husband and I are having some hard times with money, and I need to say on my eating right track...but I need some help, I can't eat another salad!!! All I ever eat is tuna, salads, and baked chicken, with steamed veggies...I need a change. That PB&J sandwich my kids are eating looks heavenly right now....save me!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com, I get my inspiration from their, plus I check out the local meatmarket and farmers market, great places to get deals, especially on fruit and veggies that are in season. Aldies, save a lot and price rite are great places if you have them in your neck of the woods. Also check angel food ministries, you can buy 65 dollars worth a food for 30 dollars, it is not a whole lot but it helps and they have awsome specials on other meats, veggies and fruit. also store brand stuff is not bad at all.
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR TELLING US ABOUT THE WEBSITE!
  • roshong06
    Options
    thank you for the websites...they are both helpful.:bigsmile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    thanks for the sites! saved both in my favs!:happy:
  • 4Serendipity
    Options
    A really good cheap low fat, low carb recipe I like to make is my version of Chicken Cacciatore...even my kids like it better than the fattening version. I take chicken breasts and bake them in the oven....when they are almost done...I pour enough Marinara sauce on them to coat the whole breast, pop them back in for the remaining time...and when they are done I pull it out of the oven, set it on the stove top and lay a piece of fat free, or low fat mozzarella cheese on top of each one and let it get gooey.....you can serve them on brown rice, or reg white rice...or pasta, but I just serve them up by themselves with a salad and another vegetable. My husband and kids thinks this is the best thing they've had but I'm sure they are just bias...lol

Enjoy...Vikki
  • roshong06
    Options
    A really good cheap low fat, low carb recipe I like to make is my version of Chicken Cacciatore...even my kids like it better than the fattening version. I take chicken breasts and bake them in the oven....when they are almost done...I pour enough Marinara sauce on them to coat the whole breast, pop them back in for the remaining time...and when they are done I pull it out of the oven, set it on the stove top and lay a piece of fat free, or low fat mozzarella cheese on top of each one and let it get gooey.....you can serve them on brown rice, or reg white rice...or pasta, but I just serve them up by themselves with a salad and another vegetable. My husband and kids thinks this is the best thing they've had but I'm sure they are just bias...lol

Enjoy...Vikki

OMG...that was soooo yummy. I didn't have marinara sauce...So for the kids and the hubby I used just regular pasta sauce...and for me, I used freshly made garden salsa....OMG...it was soooo yummy, I paired it with steamed broccoli and and brown rice. Thank you soooooooo much.