For Ladies Only!

Options
Hi Ladies!

I have a question. When it's that time of the month, do you experience weight gain or a lack of weight loss? I know that being bloated is a symptom, but I never really paid attention to whether it actually happens. I haven't lost any weight this week :grumble: and am just wondering if this could be a reason.

Sorry if i've grossed anyone out! :sick:

Thanks!

Replies

• michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!! I can see anywhere from a 3-5 lb weight gain. I usually try to work extra hard the following week to kinda make up for it, using it to my advantage for motivation. just try to eat as clean as u can, and drink pleanty of water. good luck
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think that is pretty common from what I've seen other people post. I can't say myself since I have an IUD and don't get a period. Hopefully afterwards you'll see your weight drop down again. :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Normally I gain, I water retain a lot, which is usually gone by day 3.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Weight gain for me - anywhere between 2 to 5 pounds. Just for a few days and then goes away. My face looks so bloated and like it belongs to a completely different person during those day.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Agreed... I usually see between 2-6 pounds extra on the scale during "that week." Takes me a full week after that to recover after that... Then I have two really good weeks in way of progress. Annoying to really only be seeing progress for those two weeks... but it just drives me to work harder!

Oh yes... and lots and lots of water!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    From what my MFPals said, they've gained. I haven't gain anything during mine *crosses fingers*.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have pcos so i dont always get one but the last one i had i put on 6lbs and that stayed with me for 2 weeks before hand then afterwards poof it went ...madness
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think that is pretty common from what I've seen other people post. I can't say myself since I have an IUD and don't get a period. Hopefully afterwards you'll see your weight drop down again. :D

I dont have mine anymore either, i had a hysterectomy, but its not the period that causes this, its the hormone fluctiation via the ovaries. The IUD is probably working very nicely for you, keeping a nice even level of hormones that is not plumeting and peaking. So happy to finally hear someone having a good experience with it.
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    I usually retain 2-3 lbs. it's kinda discouraging but I always try to remember that its water weight and I'll pee it out later :blushing: then right back on track :bigsmile: drinking lots of water and maybe a natural diaretic like tea or coffe will help :drinker:
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yep...water retention time! Our bodies for the most part hold on to water the week before and start to release it during TOM. My best time to weigh myself is a couple of days after my period when it seems that my water has "shed". Water can fluctuate most of us from day to day and week to week a couple of pounds...Keep up with proper water intake so the body doesn't need to "HOLD ON " to it. (That's totally something I need to work on)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yes, perfectly normal to stay the same or gain. If you lose this week its a minor miracle! :laugh:

:wink:
  • dadsgirl87
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I always gain about 3-4 pounds the week before I'm due on and it stays there till it's over. Fortunately I always end up losing those 3-4 pounds plus an 1-2 extra at times. It's really mad!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I usually gain some pounds during that time. When I know my period is about to start, I don't even try to weight myself because I know it's going to be off.