question

Options
Good Morning to everyone. I have a co-worker who is trying to loose weight. I walked in to work this morning and she was crying. She told me she has been working out 2 hrs a day and eats 1400 calories and she is still not loosing weight. She thinks she burns about 500 calories. I told her that her body may be starving given she takes in 1400 and burns 500 then she is only getting 900 calories. 1st: Was I right about the starving and calories? 2nd: What can she do to get on track? Thanks for any and all advice.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Replies

• michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    show her your logs here on the site. print out some articles showing that you need to fuel your body in order to lose it, and explains you have a resting burn also....sounds like she is barely feeding the resting burn. When she's ready to listen/read, she will "get" it.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    She should think about seeing her GP and a dietician who can give her a better idea of what sort of exercise is right for her and what diet works best. everyone is different.

Also how long has she been doing this for? weight loss shouldnt be a rapid thing. They key is to lose weight steadily that way shes more likey going to keep it off. Tell your friend not be be disheartend and to keep going. she will see the results soon.