I eat in my sleep!! :(

Options
I've always suspected I eat in my sleep. But I finally caught myself. I woke up with a half eaten apple on my night stand this morning. When I saw the apple it jogged my memory of eating the apple last night. I vaguely remember taking bites. Now what do I do? I'm so desperately trying to lose weight and this isn't helping at all.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    wow!!! At least it was an apple! I guess I would make sure there aren't any bad snacks in the house?

Not a lot you can do if this is your way, tie yourself to the bed maybe!! :laugh:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are you, by any chance taking Ambien?????
  • rivera_72084
    Options
    Yea I agree ^ good thing it was a apple...If it were me Id be sleeping with one of my kids HoHo's crumbs lol
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    I just saw u post this on baby-gaga :)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. my bf takes ambien and he does some crazy things in his sleep LOL
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I do too but I don't eat apples, I eat bad things! :(
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    No I don't take anything other than Prilosec
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    i would suggest therapy and maybe a lock for the fridge that a friend or hubby keeps :huh: good luck!
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    I just saw u post this on baby-gaga :)
    :tongue: What's your name on there?
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done this. I ate a bowl of cereal in the middle of then night and didn't realize it until I saw the bowl on my end table. I don't remember any of it! I used to sleep walk from time to time also. Eventually I grew out of it, now I just have conversations in my sleep ;-) There's a couple of things you can try. Tuck yourself in REALLY tight, if you have a lock on your door..shut the door and lock it (maybe fiddling with a lock will wake you up) at one point I even considered tieing myself to the bed lol. Hopefully it will stop, if not you could talk to your doctor.

Best of luck!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a lot of water before bed. You may have to get up to go to the bathroom, but with a full stomach you may not get the urge to eat.
  • GameNomad
    Options
    if you are a light sleeper tie a bell to your door, if you are a heavier sleeper you might try one of those inexpensive alarms that goes of when the contacts are broken.
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Summerleah. And sry I don't really have any advice for you :(
  • cakeslovesbaking
    Options
    Thats crazy!!! I thought I was bad enough.... I deam about food... Spagetti Bolognese, Roast Chicken, Cake, Cake, more Cake, Icecream etc, etc, etc
  • jdsloot
    jdsloot Posts: 10
    Options
    they sell alarms for fridges but either way I would see the doctor, they say never to wake a person who is sleep walking so not sure what it would do if your sleep walking and the alarm wakes you up