How much are you all losing a month?

Options
2»

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Yea- I would recommend working on upping your net (as I said, I'm fairly sure for men you should be aiming for 1500 net). If your net had been low previously, you might experience it slowing as your metabolism adjusts to more food as well (take it slow to build your body back up- add in 50-100 every couple of days or week).
  • Jhethro
    Jhethro Posts: 25
    Options
    I do a fair bit of jogging but mostly walking, I hike on saturdays when i can and the last week i have been to the gym 6 days in a row. I spend an hour on a treadmil and only do light strength training at the minute but at the gym I lose any where between 800 and 1200 calories that i eat back on during the day. I know the numbers are going down in the right direction but i must admit when i worked out that i have only lost 3.5 so far this month i was a little unmotivated.

Maybe try eating only about half of your exercise calories back for the next week.

As far as my weight loss goes - am about 78 days into P90X and have lost 35lbs. I think I lost about 18 the 1st month and then about 7 or so the last couple.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I hav lost twelve pound since mid January. I lost the first 9 very quickly then only about 3 in the last month. the last couple weeks i have stalled...however, I have adjusted my calories a bit and seem to be moving down again.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Dec 8 lbs
    Jan 0.8 lbs
    Feb 4.8 lbs
    Mar 4 lbs so far

It varies on any given month I think and what is happening. I could lose more or less just cause my TOM is late lol.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh? Do you know your body fat percentage? When you start getting to 32-35% body fat, 2 pounds per week is no longer realistic. If I lose 4 pounds in a month at this point, I feel like I'm doing pretty damn good.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic chain of responses!
    and yay for zig zagging!
    http://caloriecount.about.com/zig-zag-method-ft31941
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Joined Jan 19th, 2011.
    Lost 20 lbs so far while a MVP member

I started my diet back in near end of December. I have lost a grand total of 50 lbs so far.

I would like to loose another 10 to reach my goal.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Jan to Feb 5lbs
    Feb to Mar 0
    Mar to April ( 3 so far )

been a tough time for me
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started late January and have lost 12 lbs so far. So, basically, 6 lbs a month.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been getting healthier for 1 month and only been on MFP for 1 week.

February 21 - March 21 I've lost 9.4 lbs.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Since January 18th I've lost approximately 30lbs and a total of 55 lbs since December 6th. I was quite heavy when I started so that has a lot to do with it.
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I aim to lose 7lbs per month and it's almost working out that way at the moment. I still have a long way to go though.
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Deoending on the day 11
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    So far Ive lost 13 pounds on MFP (I lost like 20 before I started counting) and monthwise it goes like this:
    October: 10 lbs
    November: 10lbs
    December: 10 lbs
    January: 5 lbs
    February: 1 lbs
    March: 4lbs and counting

Now in February I dieted like I never have and excersized for like four hours each day and i gained muscle in my legs but mostly I didn't lose weight because I under ate a lot and ended up shutting down my body kinda.... So a plateau can be caused by a lot of things in my experience. Eating the same meals, doing the same workouts, ect. Your body can adapt and start thinking those are normal conditions and refuse to give up the weight and also the lighter you get the less calories you burn because your body puts less effort into anything you do.
  • xxshygirlxx
    Options
    Since I started in January, about 10 lbs. Started here in March, lost 3.
    So maybe 3 or so a month.