Yawning during workout....

Options
Why do you yawn during workouts? Or Am I the only one that this happens to? lol I constantly yawn during the shred when I do it. Is it because my body isnt in shape enough yet? Could I just not be getting enough oxygen into my system? I breath deeply and dont not hold my breath thru any parts of the work out. Could It be because I do it in the mornings? Like within 2-3 hours after being up? How can I stop/avoid it?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You aren't getting enough oxygen. Open your windows while you do it, and breathe more! Do you diaphragm breathe or chest breathe?
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    not entirely sure what the difference is...
  • Codygirlslim
    Options
    I do it all of them time too. Have my whole life. We are not getting enough oxygen DEEP into our lungs. It's important to do some mouth breathing AND nose breathing. As you take deep breaths SLOWLY let it out. A little at a time, especially during the intense parts of your workout. It might be annoying, but it the only way our bodies know to get that air deep into our lungs. What scares me more is when I can't catch my breath by yawning...because usually good yawn resets my system.
  • gemgirly
    gemgirly Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, I do! I yawned constantly during spin class tonight. It definitely was not boring! I asked the instructor after class about it and she said she had never heard of it happening but would guess it was lack of oxygen. It's embarrassing. lol
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yes, I agree, yawning is a lack of oxygen. Try breathing deeper with each more. in on the exertion, out on the relax.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • tmk0012
    tmk0012 Posts: 1
    Options
    Low iron can be the cause of yawning during exercise.