2lbs Gained You gotta be kidding me!!

Options
So as I get ready to weigh in this morning,, I'm thinking to myself "Alright you been working out twice day, eating healthy, staying under your calorie goal this should be a great victory!:drinker: So as the moment of truth approaches, and I stand on the scale not only have I not lost any weight:mad: I've gained 2lbs since Monday! :explode: Noooooooo first I was crushed till I reviewed my eating habits and realized I have been eating way too few calories.:noway:

Now just the other day I was saying how I wasn't gonna eat my workout calories anymore, and After doing a 7 day review of my food diary I realized I was never eating my workout calories to begin with! :embarassed: Not only that I've also not been eating the 1200 calories I'm suppose to eat everyday. I have 3 days where I only ate about 800 calories! WTF . So needless to say I'm little frustrated but I won't let this minor set back discourage me. I'm just gonna have to make sure I'm eating enough calories everyday, continue my workouts and hope for better weigh in results next time!:drinker:

Replies

• mamato3babes
    Options
    I think Im going to be in the same boat as you. We will see. Im going to weigh myself this Monday coming up :)
    Good Luck... you can do it!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I'm glad you were able to go back in your diary to see exactly what transpired! You'll get it off in no time. That's why I've been experimenting with calorie shifting to keep me from plateauing! You've got this!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Good for you for figuring out that you need to fuel your body!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I was able to look back and see what I did wrong as well. This has taught me a good lesson making sure you get enough calories is just as important as making sure you don't go over!
  • Walorie
    Walorie Posts: 44
    Options
    Before I started my weight loss journey and wasn't paying any attention to what I was eating...it seemed like I was always eating and never really getting full, and I was packing away some calories to get me to where I started here on MFP. Now that I am documenting EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth...I struggle to meet my calorie goals daily too. What's up with that?!:noway: I have been at my same weight (give or take .2 pounds here and there) for the last couple of weeks so I totally understand. I have increased my calories to help me get over this hurdle...about the only thing I know for sure is***what goes up must come down*** at some point. So hang in there and may we both jump this hurdle this week! Have a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Options
    Before I started my weight loss journey and wasn't paying any attention to what I was eating...it seemed like I was always eating and never really getting full, and I was packing away some calories to get me to where I started here on MFP. Now that I am documenting EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth...I struggle to meet my calorie goals daily too. What's up with that?!:noway: I have been at my same weight (give or take .2 pounds here and there) for the last couple of weeks so I totally understand. I have increased my calories to help me get over this hurdle...about the only thing I know for sure is***what goes up must come down*** at some point. So hang in there and may we both jump this hurdle this week! Have a great weekend :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much I appreciate you sharing your story, with a little more concentration on our diaries I'm sure we can do this!!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    I think you just picked a day in which you retained water weight. I'm most certain that eating too few calories doesn't make you gain any. You would probably have to eat a months worth of having a low caloric in take before your body would even hang on the fat it has. There have been days that i've eaten a low amount of calories and still turned out fine.

Give it a few more days and then weigh yourself again. If that doesn't help, eat a bit more, making sure each of those days your netcalories amounts to 1200. That should work, it did for me. I also kept my sodium intake fairly low for a few days, maybe around 1000 to 1300.

Just switch up how much you eat. My total caloric intake that MFP assigned me was 1700 something. Sometimes I ate around 1200 calories, not making my net calories equal 1200 and sometimes I ate the full 1700, making my net calories a few hundred above 1200.

Just try not to stress, there were days I had gained by a few pounds and it totally bummed me out -- throwing off my entire mood for the day. I try not to let the scale make or break me. I think i've gotten over that. Now I've moved onto something else. Now when I go over my fat, sodium, it totally crushes me... :tongue:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Options
    Thanks Navvs You could be right, I may also need to look at my diet from a 30 day view I only looked at the last 7. I will also focus on drinking more water and watch the sodium hopefully in a few days the scale will be back to, or below normal! I swear the scale will bum you out if you let it cause I felt so defeated when I saw that, but I'm gonna turn it into a positive and just focus more on what ,and how much I'm eating.. Thank you for that your post made me feel a lot better!
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    800 calories is way too little if you're working out twice per day (or if you're not working out at all). Eat more girl!

I used to stick to just 1200 per day with 40 minutes of walking and the scale would never budge. I upped it to 1500 calories per day and finally started losing.
  • Zerita1
    Zerita1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You might also consider that the weight gain coulb be musle mass, you are working out twice a day. Are you doing cardio and strenghth training if so that's good. Don't fall into that category of women who don't want to lift weights because you don't want to bulk up.. Muscle burns more calories than fat anf looks a lot better.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Options
    You might also consider that the weight gain coulb be musle mass, you are working out twice a day. Are you doing cardio and strenghth training if so that's good. Don't fall into that category of women who don't want to lift weights because you don't want to bulk up.. Muscle burns more calories than fat anf looks a lot better.

Yes I am doing ma combination of cardio and strength training. I hope it is muscle!